Ottawa versus Philadelphia is the ultimate for conspiracy theorists

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
If the Flyers tank this one game, Ottawa is definitely in the playoffs.

This assures:
(1) Pittsburgh (the Flyers biggest rival) may be eliminated.
(2) Claude Giroux will have a great summer in Ottawa.

Will the Flyers start Mason and try to win this thing or start former Senator Ray Emery ?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
If the Flyers tank this one game, Ottawa is definitely in the playoffs.

This assures:
(1) Pittsburgh (the Flyers biggest rival) may be eliminated.
(2) Claude Giroux will have a great summer in Ottawa.

Will the Flyers start Mason and try to win this thing or start former Senator Ray Emery ?

Interesting theory, but once the players are on the ice, hopefully their natural instincts kick in and actually try to win the game in front of their hometown fans in their last home game of the season....and I don't see any reason why Mason wouldn't be in net unless he's injured.

...if not, then we can go with the conspiracy theory.;)

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
God, please, Philly, for the love of god, do us this ONE favour, you owe it to us after all...you know, for taking Dougie Hamilton off your hands and all :laugh:

Seriously though, I do NOT want to rely on Buffalo for us to get into the playoffs, I want Philly to continue their hot streak and shut Ottawa down. Please please please all my chistmas' will come at once.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
They already did us a favor when they beat the Pens last week.

I do not think they will lose on purpose, but it's moot anyway since we will get trounced in Tampa anyway.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Claude Giroux is from Hearst.

Edit: evidently he moved to near Ottawa at some point.

ETA

Aug 8, 2008
I doubt that the Flyers could beat Ottawa even if they wanted to...

Southern Gentleman B

May 1, 2011
Brevard, NC
Flyers - Sens is the first game I can remember this year that I can't watch with NHL Center Ice. I am keeping track of the score, 2-1 Sens with 3 1/2 minutes left in the 2nd.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
Flyers - Sens is the first game I can remember this year that I can't watch with NHL Center Ice. I am keeping track of the score, 2-1 Sens with 3 1/2 minutes left in the 2nd.

You can thank Comcast for that . they're battle to block all others from showing games is criminal.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Karlsson gets away with whatever he wants because he's a star player....sickening. Different set of rules.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Ottawa sort of deserved to finish ahead of us due to their fantastic run at the end. Why did they suck so much early on I was shocked at the beginning of the year to see them in the cellar?

NYI and Pittsburgh is another story it will be a joke not catching one of them if Buffalo doesn't help us and we don't get an ROW.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Ottawa sort of deserved to finish ahead of us due to their fantastic run at the end. Why did they suck so much early on I was shocked at the beginning of the year to see them in the cellar?

NYI and Pittsburgh is another story it will be a joke not catching one of them if Buffalo doesn't help us and we don't get an ROW.

We lost something like 21 one goal games in first half. Really really bad results, though we weren't always terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad