GDT: Ottawa @ Toronto (split squad 2) 9/24 7:30pm (TSN4) / replay@11:00pm(TSN5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyt911

Excuses.

That is all. ;)

good ones tho lol, like Bibeau wish they would have played him all game and should have had Kadri in the game in Ottawa. Holland and Rielly looked sweet but had zero support.
In the game in Toronto Kadri, JVR, Kessel were playing like it was an all star game lol trying all these silly moves. IMO not really fair to the youn D men trying to make it cuz it leaves them hung out to dry. Love love love Nylander's take away ability tho kid is gonna be a beaut! Prince looked good too, he gonna make to big cub?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Great games by Chiasson and Ceci in my opinion.

Zibanejad looked meaty but quite slow out there. He was pretty ineffective. Disappointed so far and I know it's one game, but kind of doubting his ability to center the 2nd line.

I really hope Zibby pans out long term. Because I have always loathed us picking him over Couts. I hope I'm very wrong.

bobbyt911

Ah give it a rest bud. Fatigue in the preseason is a weak excuse on many levels. Why can't you just give us a fair is fair handshake and move on from these parts?

just defending my boys, they got tired and mailed it in, kinda makes me mad tho cuz its not fair to the guys trying to make the team.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
just defending my boys, they got tired and mailed it in, kinda makes me mad tho cuz its not fair to the guys trying to make the team.

I would think that that Nonis would consider the fatigue factor before he started to critique the young players.

Playing three games in three nights can be tiresome.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

Professional athletes shouldn't be using fatigue as an excuse. Particularly the younger guys. If you can't handle the rigors of the NHL, you shouldn't be in the league. It's harsh, but that's reality in professional sports. You get paid to perform. Yes, even in the pre-season, because performances matter to management.

bobbyt911

Did he? I didn't see the game.

IMO Zibby looked more interested that Couts did but its preseason and nothing is as it seems.

Question would you rather your stars play a structured game trying for the win or play a silly game trying fancy moves and having fun? It was kinda cool to the the guys in the Acc having fun and trying all those silly things but IMO they should have actually tried to maybe win the game for the guys trying to make it.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
IMO Zibby looked more interested that Couts did but its preseason and nothing is as it seems.

Question would you rather your stars play a structured game trying for the win or play a silly game trying fancy moves and having fun? It was kinda cool to the the guys in the Acc having fun and trying all those silly things but IMO they should have actually tried to maybe win the game for the guys trying to make it.

It is the preseason though. I doubt most of the veterans really give a **** about it. Most of them are trying to not get injured and to get ready for the regular season.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

It's still the NHL stage, I'd expect pro athletes to always try to win, regardless of the meaningless nature of it to some of the vets. Might as well play the team's system early and not fart around. Not taking the game seriously is not a positive thing for any club.

bobbyt911

Professional athletes shouldn't be using fatigue as an excuse. Particularly the younger guys. If you can't handle the rigors of the NHL, you shouldn't be in the league. It's harsh, but that's reality in professional sports. You get paid to perform. Yes, even in the pre-season, because performances matter to management.

what? even Lance Armstrong on roids would get tired if he had to play 3 games in 3 nights right off the bat.
Sure these are athletes but they are human and thats a tall feat for any team to do right off the bat. However good way the see who gets the least tired or who perseveres
some of the younins in the road game were pretty strong in that manner but the roster was just way way to thin best forward was Holland:help:, at least the Sens put some skilled players in the game in Toronto.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Great game:
Prince, Chiasson
Good Game:
Zibby, Hoffman, Cowen, Pageau
Okay Game:
Phillips, Ceci
Terrible:
Wier, Grant, Stone

Uhhh, Wier did not look that bad and Stone was fine. Just because he was not an offensive dynamo does not mean a thing.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Stone did nothing except look slow, he looked very uninterested.

Wier was awful, him and Grant were terrible...(Im a huge Wier fan but tonight I cant back his play up at all)

bobbyt911

was kinda cool to see JVR get mad tho, man if he could play with that edge he would be deadly.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It stinks to hear that Zibanejad and Stone were kind of unimpressive in this game being that our season will most likely depend on these two players and the defense of course.

It is the preseason however, so i am not worried yet. Just hope they pick it up.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
good ones tho lol, like Bibeau wish they would have played him all game and should have had Kadri in the game in Ottawa. Holland and Rielly looked sweet but had zero support.
In the game in Toronto Kadri, JVR, Kessel were playing like it was an all star game lol trying all these silly moves. IMO not really fair to the youn D men trying to make it cuz it leaves them hung out to dry. Love love love Nylander's take away ability tho kid is gonna be a beaut! Prince looked good too, he gonna make to big cub?

Boo hoo.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
It's still the NHL stage, I'd expect pro athletes to always try to win, regardless of the meaningless nature of it to some of the vets. Might as well play the team's system early and not fart around. Not taking the game seriously is not a positive thing for any club.

There is an aspect of motivation that isn't really controlled. There is nothing about preseason that gets the blood boiling.

The locks go out there knowing there's a mishmash of none nhlers, systems are broken and lines often disjointed.

The early going in the nhl preseason is all smoke and mirrors. Enjoy the stuff you like but other than that there isn't much to take.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Zibby didnt play bad or good. He just wasnt that noticable as other players. Stone played poorly. Was not responsible with the puck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad