Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa @ Toronto - Home Opener - 7PM (EST) - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Do not want. One bit.

You wouldn't want Ryan Getzlaf on this team? May I ask why?

Looks like this may be Rielly's first regular season NHL game. Tempered expectations.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Anaheim and Washington are both hankering for Liles. That is the latest word in the city.

It'll be very interesting to see whom gets him and what'll we get from him. Oates and Boudreau both might be exploding on Liles's face when sits down on the upcoming team's bench.

Liles would be good on Anaheim, after all their defense can't get anymore worse.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
You wouldn't want Ryan Getzlaf on this team? May I ask why?

Looks like this may be Rielly's first regular season NHL game. Tempered expectations.

I won't be disappointed if he has a rough game. Nerves and what not. Just glad to see him officially part of the team now.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
A lot of our tough guys are out of the line up. Bodie needs to step up the physical game a few notches. I thought hes a heavyweight?

I much prefer Devane and Broll to Bodie.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
It's shocking how these people get paid to write this stuff.

I feel like the editor could just make an account here, start a thread, get people to submit articles... we vote on the best one... and he puts the winning article in the paper. I'm sure there are lots of people who post here who would write a better article for free, just because it would be cool to have your article in the paper.

They get paid because people like you and the guy who posted the article fall for their crap and give them views. The best way to avoid reading that is to not subscribe to it and then post it on the largest hockey forum on the planet for thousands to read.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
I wonder how well this team would do with a prime Sundin centering the 1st line!? There's not much to dislike about this team so far.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
Sens have an extremely inept offense when the first line is on the bench. We need to capitalize then.

They are a 1 line team, same thing as the Pizza line a few years back, but this one is worse.

Karlsson can be neutralized by dumping the puck in his side and then going all out to take him to the boards.

This is picture perfect analysis.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
The Leafs need to come out fast and hard from the get go. The Sens will be on their second game in two nights, so the Leafs should have an energy advantage. They need to use that advantage.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
The Leafs need to come out fast and hard from the get go. The Sens will be on their second game in two nights, so the Leafs should have an energy advantage. They need to use that advantage.
This was Philadelphia's mindset as well, using their very capable forecheck. Thankfully, Bernier contained that (basically solely), and we capitalized on terrible play by Philly. Let's hope the same doesn't happen to us.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I wonder how well this team would do with a prime Sundin centering the 1st line!? There's not much to dislike about this team so far.

#2D away from Cup contender status.

Sundin
Kadri
Bozak
Bolland/McClement down the middle + loaded on the wings

We would have the best top 6 in the league. Easily.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Bodie has played really well through camp and in the first two games. He earned his spot.

Yes he has looked quite competent, but I would like to see a bit more fire and edge in his game.

After all, our motto is BURN THE MUTHER****ING BOATS :yo:

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
U guys think, with Dreger mentioning that Anaheim is calling around, they would like to get Gardiner back?[/QUOTE]

He did say Anahiem is looking for a "young defencmen" in return they'd be willing to give up a "young forward". Personally, that would be a dumb trade to make because we are so ridiculously deep up front, so unless they're offering us a legit #1C then it makes no point to pull the trigger.

Even if it was a solid trade, you don't trade Gardiner just yet until you know what you have in Rielly. If Rielly can show he can play top 4 mins, help out on the PP and be an all around force to the extent of better then Gardiner, then that is the time to move him... until then Jake stays put.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'm going to the home opener - so pumped.

Planning on tailgating at MLSQ hours before, having a great time, and then checking out the game.

lordsithis

Jul 25, 2010
I'm going to the home opener - so pumped.

Planning on tailgating at MLSQ hours before, having a great time, and then checking out the game.

67272-NEAT-gif-9Bfi.gif

Asif16*

Reilly coming in for fraser due to injury.

And I would like Devane coming in for Ashton. I mean ashton hasnt done anything bad, but hasnt showed me anything either other then get his face beaten. If he is gonna be playing 4th line min, might as well have a more intimidating presence in Devane. And devane had a pretty good preseason as well.

Also, no fraser, Clarkson or MClaren. Our physicality takes a hit.

I would like devane up please

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Regardless of who gets the start - I'd really like to see a very tight and dominant game from the Leafs Saturday. yes we have to deal with a home opener, (ours tends to be very cool LOL).

I've been noticing that the later the game gets the better we're tending to play (like we find out second gear in the third period), and we always have to weather a storm from the 10 minute mark of the 1st period to the 10 minute mark of the 2nd. then we're okay LOL

someone mentioned that Randy will probably give Reimer Ottawa, and Bernier Colorado, evaluate the two games, and the play of both guys and then give one a little run. i guess that's fair. my theory was (and will maintain until LOL Tuesday) that I feel whoever gets Saturday's game will probably play Tuesday, Thursday and next Saturday, and then when we go on the CDN road trip probably split.

but regardless i just want a Win :) stay undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad