Confirmed with Link: Ottawa sign Hubert Labrie to a 1 year deal

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
What’s the 411 on this guy?

Old school, AHL level stay at home RHD who isn't afraid to stand up for his teammates. Not alot of offensive potential, but he compliments guys like Murray/Brannstrom etc. really well. If Szwars doesn't re-sign, Labrie will more than likely be our captain in Belleville next year

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Guess we're not expecting to make many trades. You'd think we could pick up someone better than Labrie as a throw in on a minor deal. Oh well. I'm guessing they went with Labrie instead of Corrado because they though he'd get picked up? We could have just called up Wolanin.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Just makes him eligible for a call up if we need him no?

Doesn’t mean much of anything in and of itself other than another layer in the safety net from the looks of it.

Reactions: DJB

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Just makes him eligible for a call up if we need him no?

Doesn’t mean much of anything in and of itself other than another layer in the safety net from the looks of it.
He'll likely be brought up as soon as he clears waivers and is on Belleville's roster for the deadline for their playoffs. I'd imagine he's with Ottawa for tomorrow's game

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
With Chabot out that makes sense. I suppose they might also want to be able to send Jaros down for the playoffs as well.

Another depth DMan is probably incoming.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO this is a move due to the Chabot injury which could be much more serious than has been reported. I imagine that Wolanin should be ready to play in Ottawa at some point this week, he really only needs to get back up to NHL playing speed & quick decision making after being out most of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad