Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets Saturday January 19th 2pm MTS Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
TV: CBC
Radio: TSN

I know it's heinously early but I can't wait any longer.

Thoughts about the game? I'm most nervous about our goaltending. Pavelec hasn't played in quite a while and really wasn't that great when he was. I hope he really works hard this week to prepare.

Both teams should have their share of rust. I hope Antropov can draw in as he's one of only a few who are in game shape mentally.

Already feeling the butterflies! Go Jets Go!!!

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I know it's been awhile, but I can see the Jets winning this one by a large margin of 5 or 6 goals with probably 1 player carrying the offensive load.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Personally, I'm a bit nervous - they have to be strong out of the gate, and that'll be what all the teams are thinking.

Really looking forward to:

1. Jokinen and Poni - want to see what they can do in a Jets uniform
2. Lines - what does fireside-chat Noel have up his sleeve?
3. Prospects - Postma, Scheifele, etc
4. Pavs - we know he can steal games - can he be consistent?

Can't wait!

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I know it's been awhile, but I can see the Jets winning this one by a large margin of 5 or 6 goals with probably 1 player carrying the offensive load.

LdfdP.gif

I've missed that almost as much as I've missed hockey.

Can't wait to sit down and actually watch hockey. This week at work is going to be way too long.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I really hope the team can feed off the energy of the crowd. I really believe games early in the year can be heavily influenced by crowd support.
I look for Wheeler to have a good game. He was flying out there today and it really sounds like his time in Germany helped him get ready for the season.
I also think Mark can be big for us. Being game ready is huge. I'm not saying he'll light it up this year, or even stick with the jets. But I don't think being game ready can be overstated. Either way, I'm so excited for the game. I've missed the atmosphere at the MTS centre, and I can't wait for Saturday.

Puckschmuck*

Ah, how I've missed this. It's great to have these threads back again!

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Looking forward to seeing Joki and Poni out there, along with what Scheifele can bring since he's in game shape both physically and mentally. Saturday can't come fast enough!

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
From what I saw at the practice, I'm equally excited, but also slightly concerned about how we'll work in a game situation.

Now to find a new avatar before the season starts.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011

Lynk, I can see there is no lockout rust on you...in midseason form already!

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
This is a fairly important game, in my estimation. First off, it is a team that should we be competitive for the post-season this year, we would be battling at the bottom end of the playoff table. Secondly, nobody wants to get too far behind the eight ball to start the season, and after this game we have some very challenging encounters on the road.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
Trying to convince my one friend to ditch her friend and bring me. I've never been to a Jets game yet and I want to go!

For the "lolz" I'd love to see Hainsey have a 4 point night.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Looking forward to it. Really excited to see how the forward additions affect the team.

D worries me though. I thought it was one of our weaker areas and we're starting without our best one. Godspeed Zach Bogosian.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud

Not to be a downer but this will be a tough win for the jets. Ottawa is a strong team and the reason they didn't win the eastern conference last year comes down to two simple words. Henrik lundquvist.
They gave the rangers all they could handle and I think would have beaten anyone else including Jersey in the east. With a strong lineup Ottawa will be a tough start for the Jets.
Still the Jets are a great team on home ice so I hope they can pull one out. A key will be being physical with Spezza and trying toile Alfredsson skate allot(tire him out)

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Pavelec VS Ottawa
GP: 3
GAA: 4.46 :rant:
SV%: 0.865 :amazed:
Record: 0-3

Jets' Players VS Ottawa
Kane: 4GP 3G 1A 4PTS 18SOG