Ottawa Senators: We Are About To Launch An "Exciting" Plan To Rebuild Our Team

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Well, I guess it's somewhat of a relief that he knows Sens need a rebuild. Now, how they handle it...

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I thought it was weird that he announces that there's going to be a total of 10ish out of 22 new guys this year and 15ish the next year. Seems like he already knows who's going to be left out, wonder if the players do.

Reactions: Rob Brown

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I thought it was weird that he announces that there's going to be a total of 10ish out of 22 new guys this year and 15ish the next year. Seems like he already knows who's going to be left out, wonder if the players do.

It's a weird slip by Melnyk that if you really want to go all out conspiracy alludes that we aren't keeping Stone, Duchene, Dzingel, Karl, or Ceci.

Mostly, we have exactly 8 non-ELC players (not counting MacArthur or Gaborik, both LTIR) under contract for the 19-20 season he is referring to. 8+ his 15 rookies/young players (I am guessing he doesn't understand it but is referring to ELCs)=23 person roster.

I say this because, it sounds like he's repeating info he was briefed from hockey ops. The whole young guys etc. I think it's possible that he's saying in 19-20 we plan on rolling with 15 ELC contracts.

Reactions: Liminality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad