Post-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators vs. New York Rangers 11/27/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Regroup and sharpen up the passing. Beat Carolina on Tuesday (and try to limit Skinner a bit, eh?)

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Only 3 other teams in the entire league including us have more points than them and they are awful. Your definition of awful is what is ROFL funny....:shakehead

Just another team getting outshot every night and getting ridiculous goaltending won't last.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I forgot this game even happened 10 seconds after it ended. Curious why some haven't done the same thing.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm guessing it's a good thing that I missed this one? Did Boucher trap us to death after they scored their first goal?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sens fan here. So much props to you dude :bow:

I honestly still love the Rangers and their fans, and definitely dont think that all of you are as radical as one or two posters from the GDT. I remember that the majority of you guys are really knowledgeable and easy to chat with.

Apologies on behalf of the Sens if we bored you guys with our play style tonight. If anyone has been around long enough, they should know that Guy Boucher had his hands full with transforming the Senators from years past into a formidable defensive team.

As one of your commentators put it tonight (I was on the Rangers feed), the Sens should eventually evolve offensively, but they needed to get better defensively first, and they certainly have.

Hopefully we have a more up beat game next time around :cheers:

Classy post. As was mentioned Torts used to do this **** too and it pissed me off even when we had a 109 point east leading team.

Edit: Not saying that as a criticism, just that I'm consistent when it comes to my team too.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If I had a nickel for every time I remembered I could fast-forward through a DVR'd game with about 10 minutes left...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sens fan here. So much props to you dude :bow:

I honestly still love the Rangers and their fans, and definitely dont think that all of you are as radical as one or two posters from the GDT. I remember that the majority of you guys are really knowledgeable and easy to chat with.

Apologies on behalf of the Sens if we bored you guys with our play style tonight. If anyone has been around long enough, they should know that Guy Boucher had his hands full with transforming the Senators from years past into a formidable defensive team.

As one of your commentators put it tonight (I was on the Rangers feed), the Sens should eventually evolve offensively, but they needed to get better defensively first, and they certainly have.

Hopefully we have a more up beat game next time around :cheers:

I like your team. Have to root for Anderson. Ranger fans like Brass. Karlsson seems like a good captain, even though I think Doughty is better. I've always thought Methot was underrated. Stone is turning into a very good player. Phaneuf and Neil are annoying players, but you can't like everyone of an opponents team, can you?

I like your drafting as well. Collin White was a steal of a pick, Chabot was a very good pick. Brown is going to turn into a good player. Perron. A lot of good players, your management has done a good job drafting, just not Lazar. :help:

Your coach seems good as well. I hope you guys make the playoffs. I like your fan base more than a lot of the other fan bases from Canadian teams. Your fans are not too crazy.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Looking more and more like last season's rangers....also coincides with girardi getting top pair minutes.

Amazingly when holem was on the top pair and condensing played...we were much better than we are now.

It all starts with the blue line...afaic this team is smoke and mirrors so long as our coach plays the guys he plays the minutes and matchups he plays and as long as our gm doesn't resolve this glaring issue.

Funny talking aboutnthe defense on a night we got shutout, but when u can't transition the puck up the ice with any speed...and u need your forwards so far back to help them that it removes the separation they can get ..then u got problems.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
I forgot this game even happened 10 seconds after it ended. Curious why some haven't done the same thing.

Yeah, it's hard to get worked up about a game against a team that's not in our division on a Sunday night with our backup in net.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Stupid tablet autocorrected names...u know who I'm talking about

latest

Clearly. :sarcasm:

Yeah, it's hard to get worked up about a game against a team that's not in our division on a Sunday night with our backup in net.

The Rangers have lost well over 1000 games since I started watching them in 1987. Also, I'm in a relationship and have work and life **** to worry about. I just can't let a single game stop me in my tracks.

Last edited:

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Looking more and more like last season's rangers....also coincides with girardi getting top pair minutes.

Amazingly when holem was on the top pair and condensing played...we were much better than we are now.

It all starts with the blue line...afaic this team is smoke and mirrors so long as our coach plays the guys he plays the minutes and matchups he plays and as long as our gm doesn't resolve this glaring issue.

Funny talking aboutnthe defense on a night we got shutout, but when u can't transition the puck up the ice with any speed...and u need your forwards so far back to help them that it removes the separation they can get ..then u got problems.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

Put Clendening in for Klein or Girardi. Cut down the other's minutes.

It can really be that easy.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Yep I posted this before the game how even putting McDonagh with an off-side Nick Holden shows a noticeable improvement for McDonagh. I mean it's not the only issue but I don't think this is the best top-6 possible with the roster they have. Also not to take anything away from Anderson and the Senators either.

Erik Karlsson is mesmerizing I would love to see him on a great team. If he was on a team like the Sharks these past few years?

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

Put Clendening in for Klein or Girardi. Cut down the other's minutes.

It can really be that easy.

McDonagh - Holden
Staal - Clendening
Skjei - Girardi

Gets Girardi back to the 3rd pair where he was playing fine earlier in the season. Clendening gets back in and gives Staal a nice complimentary partner. Obviously Holden on his offside on the top pair is far from ideal but he's played much better of late and his possession numbers with McDonagh were actually pretty decent.

Klein deserves to be sat with how he's performed thus far.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Having Buch back would be a big help right now. I miss his clever passing and quick puck movement on the PP. Hurry back you out-of-shape *****! :help:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
McDonagh - Holden
Staal - Clendening
Skjei - Girardi

Gets Girardi back to the 3rd pair where he was playing fine earlier in the season. Clendening gets back in and gives Staal a nice complimentary partner. Obviously Holden on his offside on the top pair is far from ideal but he's played much better of late and his possession numbers with McDonagh were actually pretty decent.

Klein deserves to be sat with how he's performed thus far.
This like word-for-word. Klein is a really likeable player but, it's worth a try IMO. Even just rotate him and Girardi.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Clendening should 110% be playing over Klein.

Klein has been horrendous this season. At least the last two seasons he was producing points. This season not so much

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This game is worth re-watching just to focus on Erik Karlsson and how often him touching the puck leads to the Senators heading the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad