Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators vs. New York Islanders, Fri. 12/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I have no problem if they start him again. He's been good over the last few. If they do, I figure they'll play Greiss Monday or Tuesday anyhow.
The schedule gets a little busier the next 2 weeks. There's a game practically every other day. Weight can go 2 games on, 1 game off with the goalie who is getting the job done and I wouldn't mind.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Ottawa has really fallen off the rails. This is one of those games where we usually let someone break their slump. Let's not do that tomorrow.

From memory, this is the 4th time we are playing someone with a big losing streak. Arizona, Philly (2x), and now Ottawa. Let's keep that train running.

Usually I fear the big let down game. But I feel our boys are feeling really good about themselves and the Sens are feeling really bad about themselves.

Ottawa hasn't scored more than 2 goals in a their last 7 games. And now I feel a lot of teams are starting to think they need to score a touchdown to beat us. They are going to be fearful to give up on their trapping style because of our offense.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
We're going to get a desperate Ottawa team tonight. They are feeling the heat at home and will bring their A game.

Should be a good Friday night crowd at the Barc. Interested to see what the lineup looks like tonight. There 4 games coming up next week, so we're probably going to need the whole roster before we're through with that.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Greiss in goal tonight and Pulock & Seidenburg in for Hickey & Mayfield.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
We're going to get a desperate Ottawa team tonight. They are feeling the heat at home and will bring their A game.

Should be a good Friday night crowd at the Barc. Interested to see what the lineup looks like tonight. There 4 games coming up next week, so we're probably going to need the whole roster before we're through with that.
Hopefully Zeke will be back by Monday.

As for the Sens, I would expect nothing less than their best game. I woild like to keep the unbeaten record at home alive, and with the Metro competition keeping up the pace of winning, we have to get what we can. The Sens have been slumping but they are not a bad team and when Anderson is on, like the last game, he can steal it all alone.
Isles have to come out ready to dominate.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
From memory, this is the 4th time we are playing someone with a big losing streak. Arizona, Philly (2x), and now Ottawa. Let's keep that train running.
5th, including previous Ottawa game, the one we allowed Duchene to score his first goal. Among these 3 teams Ottawa is clearly the best one.

PeteRFNY

Apr 9, 2007
Clinton, NJ
rfny.hankhayes.com
I'm scared of every game. It is a conditioned reflex of being an Islander fan over the the last 30 years. Thank God for me I witnessed the 4 Cups (because I am old lol).

Coincidentally, I pulled some old cassettes out of storage to see what was on them, and the first one I popped in was the last 20 minutes of the Isles beating the Bruins in Game 6 of the semifinals in '80. The tapes with the finals can't be too far behind...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad