Ottawa Senators Top Ten: Passing

OTownApologist

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Same as always, with this list ranking the Senators top passers in the entire organization.

1. Erik Karlsson
2. Kyle Turris
3. Clarke MacArthur
4. Mark Stone
5. Patrick Wiercioch
6. Mika Zibanejad
7. Bobby Ryan
8. Jean-Gabriel Pageau
9. Ryan Dzingel
10. Cody Ceci

HM: Curtis Lazar, Chris Wideman, Shane Prince

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
1. Stone
2. Karlsson
3. MacArthur
4. Turris
5. Hoffman
6. Wiercioch
7. Ryan
8. Prince
9. Wideman
10. Phillips/Ceci

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Number 10? Number 10? Number 10?

If you remember Jackie Gleason you will certainly remember that Phillips was or is a former #1 pick. While he may not play at that level any more he is still a pretty good passer & much better than some others on this team. One of these days boom right to the moon. :D

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Elite
Karlsson
Turris

Very Good
Zibanejad
Stone
Ryan
MacArthur

Above Average
Prince
Hoffman
Wiercioch
Ceci/Wideman

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Turris has a very light pass. The puck travels faster than other passes, but it barely makes an impact on the receiving stick. It has to do with physics and his mastery of it.

Greening's passes are slaves to the laws of Earth. They slowly creep across the ice like glaciers and land like grenades onto the receiver's stick.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Stone is excellent passer but Karlsson is one of the best passers in the league and one of the best passers from the point in long time. Now I respect opinions but it's ridiculous to have anyone over Karlsson from our current roster ainec.

[nhl]2014020604-261-h[/nhl]

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Karlsson is #1 but it's not lmaoooo worthy if someone thinks Stone is better.

Give Stone a few more years and he might surpass EK.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
1. Erik Karlsson
2. Mark Stone
3. Kyle Turris
4. Clarke MacArthur
5. Patrick Wiercioch
6. Mika Zibanejad
7. Bobby Ryan
8. Jean-Gabriel Pageau
9. Cody Ceci
10. Jared Cowen (to the opposing team, does that count?)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Stone is excellent passer but Karlsson is one of the best passers in the league and one of the best passers from the point in long time. Now I respect opinions but it's ridiculous to have anyone over Karlsson from our current roster ainec.

I think people confuse Karlsson's ability to put up pts with passing skills. I have yet to see Karlsson make some of the great passes we have seen from Stone almost in every game. Karlsson is a good passer but I don't see that elite passing from him that I see from Stone quite regularly. We saw Stone make a great pass to Spezza in his very first game & it just continues after that, his vision & ability to get the puck to open players is off the charts.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
play after play, shift after shift, karlsson hits players with passes no matter where and at what speed they're going. it's unbelievable.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I think people confuse Karlsson's ability to put up pts with passing skills. I have yet to see Karlsson make some of the great passes we have seen from Stone almost in every game. Karlsson is a good passer but I don't see that elite passing from him that I see from Stone quite regularly. We saw Stone make a great pass to Spezza in his very first game & it just continues after that, his vision & ability to get the puck to open players is off the charts.

I gave examples of Karlsson's passing ability, gimme more examples, g. Karlsson tremendous. You gotta do something to put up points...

I can't believe you just said Karlsson doesn't make elite passes quite regularly.

[NHL]2014020853-666-h[/NHL]

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
I gave examples of Karlsson's passing ability, gimme more examples, g. Karlsson tremendous. You gotta do something to put up points...

I can't believe you just said Karlsson doesn't make elite passes quite regularly.

Well, he also thinks the Chris Phillips circa 2014-15 is among the 10 best passers on the team. I suppose if you count him lobbing the puck to centre only for it to be picked up by an opposing player and skated back in to the Sens' zone immediately as passes then he qualifies? So, you know, to each their own I guss. :laugh:

But yeah, right now, Karlsson > Stone when it comes to passing, and that's not a knock on Stone's ability.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

I had a feeling this would come up as an example for pro-Stoners. Ever since Stone made that pass people have been drooling over his puck savvy skills. Was indeed a sign of things to come, though.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Glad to see the doctor atleast getting a little bit of love here. Mark Stone's goal video from last season almost doubles as a compilation for all of MacArthur's assists last year :laugh:

Tons of nice plays from him here, but 13:46 is my favorite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad