Silver Seven Ottawa Senators Season Preview: Forwards

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
With training camp officially underway, and the Ottawa Senators a mere 10 days away from playing regular season hockey, it is once again time to kick off the season preview series here at Silver Seven. We’ll have a whole bevvy of content for you to choose from over the next couple of weeks, including our regular Sterling Predictions, as well as a Q+A series with the writers from the SB Nation sites for the other Canadian teams.

Ottawa Senators Season Preview: Forwards

Reactions: Icelevel

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
With training camp officially underway, and the Ottawa Senators a mere 10 days away from playing regular season hockey, it is once again time to kick off the season preview series here at Silver Seven. We’ll have a whole bevvy of content for you to choose from over the next couple of weeks, including our regular Sterling Predictions, as well as a Q+A series with the writers from the SB Nation sites for the other Canadian teams.

Ottawa Senators Season Preview: Forwards

That 3rd line gets caved in and forces DJ to use Stepan/Stutzle against teams top 6 ... I just don’t see it.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
Good article.

I'm not sure Anisimov is behind some of the other veterans in terms of being on the outside looking in.

I think Batherson is as much of a lock as Stutzle, but if either struggles, they'll be in the press box. Probably both will be given a similar amount of rope. which would be real NHL games for cetain.

And I agree with Sweatred re the 3rd line. For White, if he plays center, will likely be insulated to some degree with a two way veteran on his wing. Likely Connor Brown on the right side, if he doesn't play with Tkachuk. Or we could see the 3rd and 4th line be a mix of vets and skill.

The fact Norris has already been given a look with Tkachuk and Dadonov says something as well, and really does push out a vet if he stays there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad