Ottawa Senators Rookie Poll

Kristopher Bras

Dec 12, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Okay guys, we've got just a handful of games left in the season, and I think it's safe to say that all of our rookies have done a tremendous job this season.

If you don't mind, I'd like to hear your opinions: who do you think has had a better season? Mark Stone, or Mike Hoffman?

I know it may as well be apples and oranges, but as HF staff we do a monthly top 10 rookie poll amongst ourselves--and I was curious about how Sens fans would answer if they had to rate one of these players ahead of the other. It has been challenging for me to do so!

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Stone easily. Hoffman was just more surprising. Lots of sens fans figured stone had around 50 point upside when he was just a prospect

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I would say Stone has been the best forward on the team since Cameron took over, so definitely him.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yep, Stone is turning into something very special.

Yep.

50+ point year-to-year production and he looks like he might even have a Selke trophy in him somewhere down the line. No guarantees obviously, but if his 2-way game is this good as a rookie, the sky is the limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
I'm an enormous fan of Hoffman's but I don't see how you could pick him over Stone after what he's done this season. I don't think the gap is as big as some are making it out to be though.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Hoffman has also cooled down considerably in the last 5-7 games, so I think that has swayed a few folks that were ranking Hoffman over Stone due to his pure goal scoring ability.

I made no mention of +/- in my post.

It is still the worst stat ever.

Also: how did you edit my post?

Hah, I was wondering this too.

Last edited:

Karlsson2Turris*

Forget about Hoffman vs Stone, a better question would be Ryan vs Stone

Seriously Stone is THAT good

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Yeah, I chose Hoffman, but I am a man who can admit when he's wrong... After being able to watch the last 20 games, it's totally Stone. Even last night you could see how badly he wanted it... He's a total gamer, who has more skills than I realized... so its Stone....

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Hoffman still has a lot to learn, I'm really excited to see how he uses this off-season to get stronger, while maintaining his speed.

Stone is on another level though, a world class rookie. We're lucky that he's developed so well!

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Stone is a complete player. Hoffman is a pure scorer. If I had to pick, I'd pick Stone. But both of them should be with the team for a while.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Hoffman is way more exciting to watch, but Stone seems like a real hockey player. Tough one. Everyone says Stone because of the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome. two months ago it would have been Hoffman hands down, but now its stone. They are both amaing in thier own way.

Alot of Hoffmans game comes from speed, which is one of hte first things to go when players age. Hoffmans shot is killer too.

Really hard to say for me. Lets see how they do in the playoffs

RadimBicanek

Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Hoffman is talented, but I think teams are now adapting to his speed. Stone is more versatile player, who can adjust how he plays regardless of opposition.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Stone is currently Ottawa's best forward, a 2-way machine who will win Selke down the line.

Goal scorers like Hoffman don't grow on trees either, but Stone definitely has a much higher ceiling.

Kristopher Bras

Dec 12, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I made no mention of +/- in my post.

It is still the worst stat ever.

Also: how did you edit my post?

I accidentally clicked the edit button, but no editing actually happened. I have admin privileges because I am the Ottawa Senators writer and Eastern Conference editor for HF. Pleased to meet you!

I made the +/- joke because for a long time it has been used to gauge a player's two-way value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad