Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators Recruitment (Job) Fair: Thursday July 17th - Sat July 19th

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Here's the official link: ---> LINK HERE <---

WHEN: Thursday, July 17, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, July 18, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, July 19, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
(BonkTastic's Advice - Show up on Thursday, if you can. Friday & Saturday are always FAR busier & hectic, if you show up on Thursday, you have a better chance of actually having a conversation with people there, rather than just "answering stock questions".)
WHERE: Canadian Tire Centre, Dodge VIP Entrance (Gate 2), Coliseum D
NOTE: Please bring several copies of your resume and 3 work-related references.

This is how I got my job back when I was an usher. If anyone has any questions about the process, I'd be happy to answer them.

Brief "Guest Services" FAQ:
- Ushers get paid near minimum wage. Remember: the benefit of the job is that they are essentially paying you to watch hockey for 85%-90% of the time.
- Yes, they use the same ushers for concerts, so you will be expected to work concerts as well as hockey events. If you can't commit to that, you won't get the job.
- You are expected to be available for 35 out of 44 home games (41 reg season & 3 pre-season), plus 50% of non-hockey events (concerts, car shows, rodeo, wrestling, etc...). You won't necessarily WORK that much - the best ushers get priority shifts - but you need to be AVAILABLE for them. Availability is determined on a monthly basis (example: by mid October, you need to submit your availability for the list of November events). If you can't meet that availability, they will find someone else who can.
- You are paid to essentially take crap from fans... that is the trade-off for watching hockey for $. If you can't take a bit of verbal sparring/ are easily offended/ aren't the best at diffusing tense situations, the job is probably not right for you. If you're naturally good at all of that, the job will be a cakewalk.
- Vendors (the guys hocking beers in the stands) generally do not get to watch much of the game. If you are applying to be a vendor to watch hockey, don't.
- They generally want their Ushers to act/be mature... I don't think there were ANY highschool students as ushers when I worked there. There were some Uni/College students though.
- Staff get parking passes, they don't have to pay for parking for events they work.

Last edited:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Can I out-source an usher job?

"Honey! Kids!... I got us seasons tickets! Now here are your uniforms..."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00