Ottawa Senators possess deep and talented group at AHL level

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
Lazar impressed me too, but come on, Drouin is a special talent; he'll learn how to play in the NHL.

lol no

Drouin >> Lazar

I agree, Drouin will no doubt put up more points... But I'll hedge my bets on Lazar in the playoffs. Time will tell, I just came away disappointed in our supposed leader and best player in Drouin.

Also, the coaches picked Mantha, Lazar, and Pouliot as Canada's top players in the tournament. Like I said earlier, I've only seen them play at the wj's so my opinion is based on solely on that.

HonestSenator

Dec 11, 2013
BSens have a great AHL prospect pool but not sure what its worth based on watching tonights game.

Hoffman: Second leading scorer and on first line. 2 Game Call-up to Ottawa - Done - lifetime AHL'er.

DeCosta: High Energy First line offensive Talent- No Call up to Ottawa - Done lifetime AHL'er..

Jim Obrien - On Third line with low ice time - On a one way - Never play for Sens Again - Done lifetime AHL'er..

Not sure its worth developing these guys in Binghamton when Ottawa has apparently written them off (and they have passed waivers earlier in the year)

What is this prospect pool really worth in terms of trade value?

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
BSens have a great AHL prospect pool but not sure what its worth based on watching tonights game.

Hoffman: Second leading scorer and on first line. 2 Game Call-up to Ottawa - Done - lifetime AHL'er.

DeCosta: High Energy First line offensive Talent- No Call up to Ottawa - Done lifetime AHL'er..

Jim Obrien - On Third line with low ice time - On a one way - Never play for Sens Again - Done lifetime AHL'er..

Not sure its worth developing these guys in Binghamton when Ottawa has apparently written them off (and they have passed waivers earlier in the year)

Not much, late picks. They'd probably just be packaged with better prospects for a solid NHLer.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Here's a good indication of how much our depth has improved - Dizzy, who played a fair whack of games here last year, is now a healthy scratch in Bingo. Now, we were badly banged up here last year, but it's still a pretty impressive upgrade in depth in a short period of time. Dizzy was never going to be more than a spare part here, but now it's hard to see how he ever gets back to the NHL in this organization...

Dont doubt Dizzy NEVER SAY NEVER.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax

JOB can play at the NHL level and would be on half the teams in the league in a checking role.... he was just the odd man out here.....Too many good Centres.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
I guess that's why he cleared waivers earlier in the year.

Good players clear waivers all the time. most teams dont want to burn bridges by grabbing a player off waivers unless they think that player is going to make a big impact. This is why Klesla cleared earlier this year, when several teams like the sens and oilers could have used his services at the time.

The Fuhr*

It was rumored BM tried to dump Job this summer for a late pick... Nobody was interested

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Wouldn't surprise me at all. He's overrated on these boards.

Not sure how a player on a one-way that isn't good enough to make the team (or get in the line-up when we had all of last year's injuries) when we have a cheap owner could be overrated. JOB sucks. He's not even doing that well in Bingo.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Not sure how a player on a one-way that isn't good enough to make the team (or get in the line-up when we had all of last year's injuries) when we have a cheap owner could be overrated. JOB sucks. He's not even doing that well in Bingo.

He was really overrated the past few years when he was playing with the big club. Doesn't get talked about much anymore down in Bingo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad