GDT: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers MSG [] 730pm

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Vintage Micklebot

You're bitching he's sheltered

All I'm asking is for you to explain how, with a shut down LD and an 8M AAV LD, he could be deployed in a way that wouldn't be sheltered (unless the coach was an idiot I suppose)

So ...

Here's where we are.

You're bitching about him being sheltered

I'm asking given our assets how he couldn't be

And if you can't answer that question well then stfu.
Lol, I'm bitching? I just stated facts. I never put blame on Brannstrom for his usage, he doesn't control that, I'd just rather we have a defensive minded bottom pair that can take some of the tougher mins instead of the softer ones and allow our skilled guys to take over games, it's not complicated.

Maybe you need to step away from the keyboard if your going to lose your cool and start telling people to stfu, accuse them of bullshit and bitching. I have no interest in continuing with you if that's the tone you're going to take. Have a nice night.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm at the point Micklebot where most interactions with you are a great big ???

You want to argue. About everything.

I'm not interested in that. I should just learn my lesson and not engage.

But if you could manage to answer my question rather than redirect... Well that is the basis of debate rather than an argument
He’s not wrong.

Two things can be right here.

He gets sheltered. He’s also a decent bottom pairing d man

A lot of this stuff gets better and easier with experience and confidence. He’s never gonna be the most toolsy dman out there and it will limit his upside in that I don’t see him being more than bottom pair but I think it’s also why he needs more time. He’s gonna have to rely on smarts and experience to be good at what he does, even a little added strength and speed will also help him. He was drafted a long time ago but has only played 100 NHL games.

JBD seems to understand his limitations and is trying to carve out a specific role for himself. That’s already a good chunk of the battle, no need to get rid of the guy. If he doesn’t pan out it’s unlikely we were going to acquire a 7D much better than him anyway, and if he does you have your bottom pair RD for the foreseeable future.
Okay if we are talking about a 7th d yeah he’s fine. A d man that hardly plays I can get behind for him making less than 1 million

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Lol, I'm bitching? I just stated facts. I never put blame on Brannstrom for his usage, he doesn't control that, I'd just rather we have a defensive minded bottom pair that can take some of the tougher mins instead of the softer ones and allow our skilled guys to take over games, it's not complicated.

Maybe you need to step away from the keyboard if your going to lose your cool and start telling people to stfu, accuse them of bullshit and bitching. I have no interest in continuing with you if that's the tone you're going to take. Have a nice night.
So here's the facts.

Oz starts
Sanderson 49%
Brannstrom 54%
Chychrun 54%
Chabot 58%

Dz starts
Sanderson 51%
Brannstrom 46%
Chychrun 46%
Chabot 42%

These stats came from here
2023-24 Ottawa Senators Roster, Stats, Injuries, Scores, Results, Shootouts | Hockey-Reference.com

So again I'm asking you, how would you like to see these stats changed.

I kind of took your word for him being sheltered. The data says otherwise. But there certainly doesn't appear to be much room to adjust the numbers without subjecting your so called "best" players to far easier deployment which goes against them being your best players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad