Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators' Bobby Ryan and Mike Hoffman(rookie) selected to allstar game

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The 2 most deserving players on the team. Very nice. If I could add another (e.g. hardest worker category :) ) it would be Kyle Turris.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Habs and Leafs send Price and Kessel.
No Sedins but Vrbata. I guess they couldn't separate the twins :laugh:

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
No Kalrsson and no PK. Too bad for the fans going to the game, two of the most exciting players in the league.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Ottawa fans are in no position to complain about fan voting!

So true.

I for one am proud we stuffed the ballot box.

Also, EK's performance this year can be considered sub-par (we all know he's still one of the best in the league, it's just that he set the bar very high for himself), so it's okay that he's not going to the Game. He'll go to plenty more I'm sure. Too bad though, he's such a dynamic player, the fans will miss out.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I for one am proud we stuffed the ballot box.

Me too.

The rules are the same for everyone. People shouldn't let apathy rule and then get upset when it's discovered that some other fan base wasn't so apathetic. We did it last time and Hawks fans did it this time. Fair is fair.

I'm also ok with EK being left off this year too. If we're lucky it will provide some incentive to pick up his game.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I guess since Hoffman is only going to the rookie game that means he can't participate in the skills competition?

I'm not sure what has been the case the last few years, but in Ottawa the young stars did the skills comp too.

Greening lost to Hagelin in the fastest skater.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm not sure what has been the case the last few years, but in Ottawa the young stars did the skills comp too.

Greening lost to Hagelin in the fastest skater.

Oh ok that's good!

It's been a few years since I watched any of the festivities cuz we have a hockey tourny in Dawson City every year on the last weekend in January and it seems to line up with the all star game most years... That and it's usually pretty boring.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Only Sens fans would be fine with their best player being omitted.

Karlsson should be there, 100%.

Happy for Ryan and Hoffman though.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Funny how they picked #1,2,3,4,6,7 in rookie scoring for all star rookies jumping over #5 Stone.
Looks like Pearson is injured, so they'll just pick #8 instead

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The reason that Karlsson most likely got snubbed was because of that stupid fan vote and that one player for each team rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad