GDT: Ottawa Senators at Washington Capitals - 7PM - SN/TVAS - Capital Letter Double Yew

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
A buyout isn't worth it and it would cost too many assets to trade him. We need a miracle young goalie on an entry level contract to come out of nowhere so Korp can be the backup.
I understand the debate about a buyout specifically and struggle with that too, but if we get something like .887 going forward, like we are this year, along with the team killing bad goals, he might as well be the 3rd stringer that never plays or gets stuffed in the minors while someone else off the trash heap gets a shot.

I guess what I'm arguing is he's not even been able to be the competent backup some want to keep him as, he still hurts the team there arguably, so the cost to keep him, and still succeed as a team, may be his salary, plus whatever the other guy coming in, say 1 mil, plus the cost of the other guy presumably ahead of both of them.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I understand the debate about a buyout specifically and struggle with that too, but if we get something like .887 going forward, like we are this year, along with the team killing bad goals, he might as well be the 3rd stringer that never plays or gets stuffed in the minors while someone else off the trash heap gets a shot.

I guess what I'm arguing is he's not even been able to be the competent backup some want to keep him as, he still hurts the team there arguably, so the cost to keep him, and still succeed as a team, may be his salary, plus whatever the other guy coming in, say 1 mil, plus the cost of the other guy presumably ahead of both of them.
What we save burying him? 1.5?

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
I expect him to not be a hypocrite? He called out fans for not defending the team enough yet he creates a thread on the main boards for everyone to shit on them.

I am pretty sure everyone on here is well aware the Sens have been dog shit for a while now.
Wait.... We aren't a good team?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Exactly. But if it makes some people feel better than why not?

I fail to understand how can the goalie be blamed for any of those goals, except for the PP goals in the first period. Sure, I mean, he could come up big and could've made one or two big saves, but letting the other Team shoot from prime scoring chances, you can only hope for a big save, nothing more.

A goalie is a product of its defense that plays Infront of him, game in game out. A continuous bad defense can derail a goalies confidence, as well.

True, but the mistakes with this team are coming fast and furious
During our hot streak we were like second in xGA. 2nd. Playing elite defence. Our goalies save percentages were still sub 900.

Sorry. But we’ve tightened up considerably under Martin. And the goalies are still sieves.

At the end of 2 Expected goals for Washington was 1.67! That’s actually solid defence from the sens. We let in 6 goals.

Goalies have a shit job man. They have to save the easy ones and some of the hard ones too. But that’s the job.

lang006

Jan 2, 2020
Exactly. But if it makes some people feel better than why not?

I fail to understand how can the goalie be blamed for any of those goals, except for the PP goals in the first period. Sure, I mean, he could come up big and could've made one or two big saves, but letting the other Team shoot from prime scoring chances, you can only hope for a big save, nothing more.

A goalie is a product of its defense that plays Infront of him, game in game out. A continuous bad defense can derail a goalies confidence, as well.

True, but the mistakes with this team are coming fast and furious
Have our goalies play out the string and see if there’s any hint of consistency coming is about all we can do. There’s other problems sure but this is a pretty important one to fix properly if we want to be playing any meaningful games by next January.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad