Pre-Game Talk: Ottawa Senators @ Anaheim Ducks // Oct. 13th // 8PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Thoughts?

I know it's a little early, but it is a quick turn-around (puckdrop in 19 hours)!

Ottawa Senators (1-1-2, 4pts)

Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
Macarthur - Turris - Conacher
Smith - Da Costa - Neil
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Karlsson - Methot
Cowen - Wiercioch
Phillips - Gryba
Anderson

Anaheim Ducks (3-1-0, 6pts)

Penner - Getzlaf - Perry
Silfverberg - Perreault - Selanne
Cogliano - S. Koivu - Winnik
Maroon - Bonino - Etem
Beauchemin - Fowler
Allen - Vatanen
Fistric - Lovejoy
Hiller

STORYLINES:

- Joe Corvo could slot back into the Sens' lineup depending on his eye injury, after Eric Gryba was less-than-amazing against SJ Saturday night.

- Sens enter third of four games on the Western Swing, so far 0-1-1 on the trip (0-2-1 if you include the Leafs game)

- SDC running out of opportunities after playing limited minutes against SJ, his only real contribution was a D-zone turnover in the 3rd period.

- Craig Anderson will try to out-do Robin Lehner's record-tying performance Saturday night to avoid people on this god-forsaken website beginning their own 'Sens goaltending controversy'

- Ducks are winners of three in a row, with special teams clicking for Bruce Boudreau's team after their opening loss to the Avs.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Well, as much as I dislike your posts. Good way to get everyone's mind off of this last game and onto the next one.

I believe Ottawa will match up pretty well against Anaheim. They sure cleared off the ice quickly tonight. Must want their ZZzzz so they can whoop some arse.

I wonder if they should start Lehner in back to backs... he was pretty freaken busy tonight.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
I'd be happy about their chances, if it wasn't a back to back on the west coast.

Please no more stupid penalties. Thats all I ask.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Lineup is tough, I think Id do this:

Greening - Spezza - Ryan
Macarthur - Turris - Conacher
Michalek - Pageau - Condra
Smith - Da Costa - Neil

Karlsson - Methot
Cowen - Wiercioch
Phillips - Corvo
Anderson

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
I want Pageau with better players too, were wasting him with Smith/Neil/Greening/Kassian.

I feel as though both the Pageau and SDC camps are feeling this same thing. Unfortunately, with Turris and Spezza cemented on the top six, they'll have to settle for stone-hands Condra and co (not saying those players aren't GREAT role players)

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Top line needs more players that actually play with effort.

GREENING

Last edited:

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
They desperately need to play Corvo on that 3rd pairing, whether they take out Phillips (not gonna happen) or Gryba. Neither of those guys is that good at rushing up ice or moving the puck up to the forwards quickly, so they get hemmed in pretty easily. Having a D-man who is a threat to start an odd man rush will slow the forecheck down a little bit and make things easier for that 3rd pairing.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Spezza need to step-up big time. He is one of the major reasons we lost at list point against SJ. There is a reason he`s not invited in Olympic camp. He is only shadow of player he use to be. Hope he finds a game again. Starting today.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Sit Spezza.

I want to see that chemistry work, but I want his groin problem gone, and back to back games is the worst thing for a groin pull! :(

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Wouldn't mind seeing Greening on the top line with Spezza/Ryan, and then having Michalek play with Pageau/Condra. Might spread out the offense a little better and the move would give Pageau a better winger to play with.

PablitoArg

Dec 27, 2009
Ottawa
Gentlemen...
we have a few problems we need to address:

1- Too many smallish forwards (Turris, Conacher, Pageau, DaCosta) In a team, you only need 2 or 3 tops. I know we're showcasing Dacosta to get a 4th rounder or something. Seriously, Zibanejad needs to be up here. Message was sent successfully in my opinion. We need a big skilled body

2- Our first line isn't playing as a top line, Michalek has no vision out there to create a play out of magic and has difficulty interfusing with his line mates, thus shouldn't be playing with elite forwards. But might as well give it time to gel...

I would go with something like this

Macarthur - Spezza - Ryan (possession line)
Zibanejad - Turris - Michalek (speed line)
Condra - Pageau - Conacher (speed line)
Greening - Smith - Neil (Checking line)

3- Practice our Penalty killing, we haven't had enough time in practice to adjust and take out any bugs we might have in our system. Partly due to the idiotic Schedule the NHL has given us to start the season.

4- Yes I know, stop taking dumb penalties... But hey, once this team gets back in game shape and the systematic kicks in along with muscles memory. That shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Practice our Penalty killing, we haven't had enough time in practice to adjust and take out any bugs we might have in our system. Partly due to the idiotic Schedule the NHL has given us to start the season.

We've had nothing but practice time, since we haven't been playing many games.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Have to admit Michalek has been pretty frustrating to watch on that top line.. I wouldn't be opposed to switching him up in the line up and see how that works out.

I'd give michalek 10 games to get his game together. Then start giving other guys a shot on the first line. He's just not getting open or winning enough battles. Doesnt look like the explosive old michalek. Maybe giving him weaker match ups will help him get his game going.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Gentlemen...
we have a few problems we need to address:

1- Too many smallish forwards (Turris, Conacher, Pageau, DaCosta) In a team, you only need 2 or 3 tops. I know we're showcasing Dacosta to get a 4th rounder or something. Seriously, Zibanejad needs to be up here. Message was sent successfully in my opinion. We need a big skilled body

2- Our first line isn't playing as a top line, Michalek has no vision out there to create a play out of magic and has difficulty interfusing with his line mates, thus shouldn't be playing with elite forwards. But might as well give it time to gel...

I would go with something like this

Macarthur - Spezza - Ryan (possession line)
Zibanejad - Turris - Michalek (speed line)
Condra - Pageau - Conacher (speed line)
Greening - Smith - Neil (Checking line)

3- Practice our Penalty killing, we haven't had enough time in practice to adjust and take out any bugs we might have in our system. Partly due to the idiotic Schedule the NHL has given us to start the season.

4- Yes I know, stop taking dumb penalties... But hey, once this team gets back in game shape and the systematic kicks in along with muscles memory. That shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Turris isn't "small". He's actually a pretty tall guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad