Ottawa Senators add 14-year-old Jonathan Pitre to tonight's scouting staff.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Absolutely shattering. Can't help but feel for the kid. He seemed really intelligent in his interview at today's game.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
They showed it on tonights broadcast. Showed the team meeting him...and when karlsson came up he extended his hand...then realized its all bandaged up...so he stopped...then thought maybe...then just went with a little wave and said hi. I felt they probably should have edited that out, but probably wanted the scene with the captain.

The kid couldn't stop talking about how thrilled he was to meet Karlsson ;how great he was and how humble.He may have met him before the other players, I'm not sure as I think he signed his jersey and there was a shot of the 2 talking .

But anything, any touch, even anything brushing him is painful so I can imagine that you would hesitate to do anything that might hurt him..

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
This is why Murray is so strong with his fourth level cancer. He goes to the hospital and sees kids like this. He sees he had a life.... These kids haven't. This kid has had a real life so far. 14. Gets to be at a Sens game in the booth. Meet the team.

I don't know **** about life. Or I know a lot. I am not sure. I have met life challenging situations. I am 39. I have met more then a normal share of people in my life that have had really challenging lives and lived through it. And also had people share with me their challenges and those of their children too. I get to be grateful. So grateful for everything. I can not grasp this kids life... But he can. 14. He knows more about life then I ever will. I have met so many men with full lives.., that get cancer in their 50's... 60's and such. And they see all the cancer kids and grasp it. They have said to me they would give up their lives for these kids. Obviously this is not a choice. You can't do it. But you get a different grasp on life. I am luckier then them... and smart enough to listen. I guarantee you... This poor 14 year old has seen younger kids worse off then him. And these millionaire hockey players... So many of them all over the NHL... In Ottawa and all over the league. Visit sick kids and get it. To just be alive and not in pain is a gift. To be able to work and live and function is another level. To make millions of dollars and be a star athlete is sheer luck.

I did nothing to get the small amount of gratitude I get. The more you suffer the more gratitude you might get.

I mean Murray is dying and he gets it. All his video about coming out about his illness is about this.

So many Sens players for 20 years get this... Spent a lot of time in the hospitals. Current Sens. Former Sens. Players, Management. Everyone.

You get more from spending time with a sick person then you can ever expect. These players and stuff get it. And they give there time and money willingly. There is no greater gift. It isn't selfish to spend time with sick kids... But it kind of is. Nothing can make you feel better. Because I think most of the kids don't know enough to give up.

Last edited:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
They showed it on tonights broadcast. Showed the team meeting him...and when karlsson came up he extended his hand...then realized its all bandaged up...so he stopped...then thought maybe...then just went with a little wave and said hi. I felt they probably should have edited that out, but probably wanted the scene with the captain.

He gave him a slight fist bump. Of course, someone from the team told him to be careful with contact but he didn't avoid contact when the kid reached out.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

you make it sound way worse that it really was. He handled the situation properly.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Very happy to cheer for a team like Ottawa. This is a first class organization in my mind. This was a very classy move just like letting Roger coach a couple of games to reach 1000.

I loved how when Wallace asked him something and he was like "I don't like that question." :laugh:

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
This is one of the saddest things I have ever seen n Ottawa. The poor kid has never known a day without physical pain, not to mention emotional pain.

Bless him, and his wonderful mother. What a brave person he is.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This is why Murray is so strong with his fourth level cancer. He goes to the hospital and sees kids like this. He sees he had a life.... These kids haven't. This kid has had a real life so far. 14. Gets to be at a Sens game in the booth. Meet the team.

I don't know **** about life. Or I know a lot. I am not sure. I have met life challenging situations. I am 39. I have met more then a normal share of people in my life that have had really challenging lives and lived through it. And also had people share with me their challenges and those of their children too. I get to be grateful. So grateful for everything. I can not grasp this kids life... But he can. 14. He knows more about life then I ever will. I have met so many men with full lives.., that get cancer in their 50's... 60's and such. And they see all the cancer kids and grasp it. They have said to me they would give up their lives for these kids. Obviously this is not a choice. You can't do it. But you get a different grasp on life. I am luckier then them... and smart enough to listen. I guarantee you... This poor 14 year old has seen younger kids worse off then him. And these millionaire hockey players... So many of them all over the NHL... In Ottawa and all over the league. Visit sick kids and get it. To just be alive and not in pain is a gift. To be able to work and live and function is another level. To make millions of dollars and be a star athlete is sheer luck.

I did nothing to get the small amount of gratitude I get. The more you suffer the more gratitude you might get.

I mean Murray is dying and he gets it. All his video about coming out about his illness is about this.

So many Sens players for 20 years get this... Spent a lot of time in the hospitals. Current Sens. Former Sens. Players, Management. Everyone.

You get more from spending time with a sick person then you can ever expect. These players and stuff get it. And they give there time and money willingly. There is no greater gift. It isn't selfish to spend time with sick kids... But it kind of is. Nothing can make you feel better. Because I think most of the kids don't know enough to give up.

Ditto, bro. Well said.

BadMcFadden

Aug 17, 2011
So awkward when the broadcaster asked him about possible trades. Loved the kids response "I don't like that question". What's he supposed to say? "Zibanejad is sucking we might as well trade him". "Obviously greening and condra are ready to go as soon as we can find a deal"?

otown

Sep 4, 2009
An amazing young man and a tip of the hat to the entire Sens organization for giving this young man an experience that will be cherished for a lifetime.
A first class kid and a first class organization!

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Great move by the team. He was also in the dressing room after the game with all 20 players around him. He's always going to remember this night.

Smart kid too and funny.

As for the hand shake, all he can do is a little fist bump.

cage

Apr 25, 2004
Wow. I heard him on the pre-game on TSN1200 and assumed he was dealing with a rough situation (they wouldn't just let any kid on the radio), but had no idea he was battling EB. All I can do is hope the meds take away the pain he must feel. Very well spoken young man, and very wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: