Ottawa Senators - A strange Twitter account..

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I wouldn’t be shocked in the least if organizations employed a few people to be full time covert social media advocates on their behalf. Especially the day and age we’re in.

Imagine that conversation:

Organization management- "We need you to create a covert Twitter account to defend our moves. But only follow members of our organization."

Employee- "But that doesn't sound very covert."

Org mgmt- "Follow a bunch of Barstool accounts, that'll cover our tracks. Everyone follows them."

Employee- "That's brilliant, no one will ever notice."

vuvuzela

Jul 6, 2010
I don't think this is anything.

I used Twitter for work for a couple years and saw plenty of accounts like this. Low followers, passionately tweeting about one or two topics, only follows accounts relevant to those topics, was usually an older human being.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Based on the accounts posts today since Yost's, I agree with everyone that it is most likely simply a passionate Sens fan. I wasn't aware that Travis Yost had a reputation for reaching for stories.

I was mistaken to make the thread. Mods, feel free to close it.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Am I evil for thinking how hilarious it would be if that was Hoffman's secret Twitter account?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I love how Twitter/Reddit is eating this article up, taking Yost's pathetic ramblings as fact and HFBoards is like "uh, you ever heard of a site called HFBoards? Most of this stuff is common knowledge".

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'm not even a Sens fan and I knew all of that "inside" knowledge. This is just a fan. Not like he knew or said anything only management would know.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
It's news that there's a twitter account that's both supportive of the team and well informed on hockey?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
His rose coloured glasses seem a little too rose coloured to be just a die hard fan.... don't they?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad