GDT: Ottawa @ Columbus Welcome Back David Savard Can We Get a Sticky? Edition

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Good win.
You can tell they're gelling more as a team, with how they handled the pressure from the Sens.
If this game was earlier this season, they probably would have lost.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Good win.
You can tell they're gelling more as a team, with how they handled the pressure from the Sens.
If this game was earlier this season, they probably would have lost.

And lost badly. Too bad we gave them the 5 on 3 power play but we're doing that less often now.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I still feel good when we win. Can't help it!

Me too. You just wonder if this can be sustained and carryover to the future. Obviously last year's rally didn't.

I think the difference now is Torts, Jones, Saad, Korpi and the absence of Joey who was an add by subtraction.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Me too. You just wonder if this can be sustained and carryover to the future. Obviously last year's rally didn't.

I think the difference now is Torts, Jones, Saad, Korpi and the absence of Joey who was an add by subtraction.

Oh now THAT'S gonna draw a reaction! :laugh:
(even though I agree with you)

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus

So you're saying this late season meaningless rally is different? This time it means something?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

:handclap:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Good win!

I don't think I've seen Korpisalo lose yet, but I know he has, and maybe got lit up once or twice? How has he looked in losses- like a different player? Cause I've only ever seen him look like a stud.

Also really like Wild Bill.

That 13-17-38 line!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So you're saying this late season meaningless rally is different? This time it means something?

No I don't think this means anything in terms of next year. What does mean something regarding next year is we have better assets going into the year becauseof thye huys I mentioned. We also will gain from Bourque being gone and hopefuly some combo, if not all, of Tyutin, Boll and Campbell being gone too.

This year it just means I can kvetch about screwing up our draft position again. :laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

The team wasn't very good at the end of last year. Just Bob and some hot scorers. They won despite being outplayed a lot of nights.

Let's look for the team to play well and show signs of maturity.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
lol, we're certainly consistent. Lose early, win late.

Good win, I just hope that some of this play carries over to next season.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
It's nice to see them win in front of a good crowd. In that regard the win is important.

Oh, and Prout was back to his awful self last night.

Last edited:

SensAreSoClose

Apr 5, 2014
What are those posters each game? Those cartoon/comic type promo adds? Absolutely awesome. The one last night was great, that's a really unique and different way to go that I like a lot.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Once we solidify our D in the offseason we'll be a playoff team for sure next season!

Part II - Insanity

Actually it's likely part 5 - we've had about 4 strong finishes which we've heard would build on something great the next year.

But it's the CBJ way to keep doing the same thing over and over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad