Proposal: Ottawa-Calgary

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Honestly, it sounds like our situation with Nick Paul. Even though you guys are a cup contender and we're a basement dweller, I doubt Czarnik gets a chance on our roster either. I'd rather give the spot to one of our many NHL-ready forwards. With that being said, his minors salary is the same as his NHL salary (i guess its a one way deal?) and Eugene will not pay him 1.25 mil to play in Belleville, so I don't see it happening.
Fair enough, I have no issue if we kept Czar, I just want to see him get the chance to succeed somewhere. I'd be down to throw a 5th and a lower end prospect for Boro though.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Hard hard pass.

We're going to still lose someone in expansion regardless of whether or not we trade Kylington. So why are we just making it worse? This team is competing now, so why take a gamble on a 2nd rounder that is at minimum a year or two away from making an impact if it ever does.

Boro is not really needed. He's not that much different than Prout, and probably doesn't beat out Valimaki for the final D spot like Kylington has.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well you're stating its a weak draft in your own opinion which further reduces the chance of a prospect picked to be an NHLer yet you'd rather gamble that % than take the dman currently playing in the NHL. Is that correct?
Fong, I think you found Dorion's HF account

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
To Ottawa:
Oliver Kylington and Austin Czarnik

To Calgary:
Mark Borowiecki, 2019 2nd round pick and 2019 4th round pick

Thoughts
It's ok to give czarnik away but I doubt the flames would let kylington go for small changes

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
It would look really bad if the team that finishes last place overall doesn't pick until the 5th round.

Kylington may be worth more, or not, I don't know, but the situation that Ottawa is in is dumb as hell and they probably want to save face a bit w.r.t. their picks this year.

Please take Boro though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad