Proposal: Ottawa- Buffalo

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
What do people think of a deal around Bobby Ryan for Evander Kane?

IMO both players could use a change of scenery.

Ottawa gets a gritty power forward who has an expiring contract, that can be signed to an extension for around 5 million ish
Buffalo gets a skilled player signed long-term, which could be beneficial and he could excel with players like Jack Eichel and Ryan O'reilley.

Flame away!

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016

Ottawa gets a gritty power forward who has an expiring contract, that can be signed to an extension for around 5 million ish
Buffalo gets a skilled player signed long-term, which could be beneficial and he could excel with players like Jack Eichel and Ryan O'reilley.

Flame away!
both guys could use a change of scenery ??? kanes having his best season so far in the nhl, quit talking out of your a$$ no one wants that Bobby ryan contract

Reactions: Skobel24

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Flame away!

If by some chance the Senators pull this off, they flip Kane at the deadline. This makes no sense for Buffalo at all. Nobody wants Bobby Ryans contract, not even the Senators. If you retain 50%? Definitely.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Flame away!

No thank you. There isn't a chance in hell we're taking on salary for a player who's both younger, and better in every aspect of the game. Sure, add: Colin White, Filip Chplik, and a 2nd.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Nothing. Buffalo will trade kane for futures, and keep their rebuild going. Ryan does absolutely nothing for them.

Love the username by the way :laugh:

Haha thanks man! Just trying to but a deal together for the heck of it. Ottawa could maybe help their rebuild by offering a prospect with Ryan if that's what makes the deal happen. Gotta have a base offer and build on it to make it fair for both sides

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Haha thanks man! Just trying to but a deal together for the heck of it. Ottawa could maybe help their rebuild by offering a prospect with Ryan if that's what makes the deal happen. Gotta have a base offer and build on it to make it fair for both sides

Seeing as the Senators don't have a 1st for this year, I think landing Kane would be very difficult. I know you want Ryan gone (who wouldn't), but Buffalo does not need or want him. It makes no sense trying to include him in a deal for Kane. It'd be like Calgary trying to acquire Kane by making Brouwer part of the deal.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Flame away!
Get real so Buffalo takes on a more expensive Bobby Ryan, Yeah that's not happening besides Kane will be dealt to a playoff team and sorry Ottawa doesn't fit that description.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I like Bobby and don't love Kane but this is an easy yes for the Sens. Get out from Bobby's contract, flip Kane for a 1st... would literally rebuild our franchise lol.

That said, I don't think Ottawa is the team that Buffalo should be trading Kane to.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Ottawa unprotected 1sr in 18 plus 50% retained on Ryan

They don' have one this year but this would be my deal as well.

I want all the 1st rounders this year though so theres no deal to be made here for me.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Pretty sure Buffalo can and will get assets that have positive value for Kane. Ryan's contract is terrible.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
This might be the worst proposal I’ve seen on here, and that’s saying something. Awful for Buffalo.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Flame away!
Kane is still very productive...Ryan...not so much. And Ryan's contract is ugly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad