GDT: Ottawa at Calgary: March 5

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Great win. Dang, I really didn't think Byron would stick. He will be a good trading piece later down the road.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If Hudler and Wideman are out for any length of time I hope Baertschi and Wotherspoon get the call. There's literally no one else.

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg
Corban Knight 10:03 of ice time, 61% on faceoffs, 1 shot in his NHL debut. Hanowski played 9:16, Reinhart 12:09 with an assist. #Flames

Ortio had a really good game as well.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Even with his play, Byron likely wouldn't nab us much, would be worth keeping around, even with those guys, even if he sticks in the AHL, good injury callup

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
If Hudler and Wideman are out for any length of time I hope Baertschi and Wotherspoon get the call. There's literally no one else.

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg
Corban Knight 10:03 of ice time, 61% on faceoffs, 1 shot in his NHL debut. Hanowski played 9:16, Reinhart 12:09 with an assist. #Flames

Ortio had a really good game as well.

Street, Jones, Smith, SOB, Breen? :dunno:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Street, Jones, Smith, SOB, Breen? :dunno:

4th line forward, 4th line forward, 7th defensemen, traded for the 16th overall in the 2007 draft, and 8th defensemen.

If they want to replace Hudler's offense, Baertschi's the only the legitimate choice.

But because of the 4 call up rule, I could see them going with Smith instead of Wotherspoon.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
What a great game, made me excited for a few years down the road.

My three stars were Giordano, Russell and Ortio, but too many Flames had good games to do them justice. It's a crime that I had to leave out Colborne and Monahan, who each looked fantastic.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Don't remember who I was arguing with about this, but I don't think anyone can say that if Ortio continues to play like this, that the starting job isn't his. First game jitters are gone, and now we're seeing that #PeskyHeat (as Ortio often tweets) goalie that was giving the AHL nightmares.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Great game! Ortio was fantastic. Knight was good defensively, and Reinhart provided some god energy for us.

But jeez, these are some pretty meaningless points we're picking up.

JulianHopper*

Joni Ortio Solid In First Win For Flames

Wow, what an impressive performance by Joni Ortio in this game stopping 30 of 31 shots. I thought he looked really tight, solid and together. Even came out to play the puck a few times and just seemed really calm,cool, like he's been doing it for years.

Could turn out to be even better than Miikka Kiprusoff, he's only played a couple games but wow, so far so good.

Lots of good things about this game, Markus Granlund getting his first NHL goal, nice goals by Paul Byron and Joe Colborne as well, really liked the speed in this game, looks good for the Flames future. Good goal by Cammalleri as well for his second in two games.

Corban Knight 61% on the face offs, I've been saying all year and asking why these guys aren't up here.

Sean Monahan, continues to improve and impress as well, getting 2 assists. He's just getting more confident and is really a great skater which has been quite noticeable the last few games. He's going to be a force when he fills out that big frame a bit.

Will definitely be leading the Flames to their next cup in a couple years here.

Solid game by the captain Mark Giordano with 2 assists and an assist by Max Reinhart as well.

Flames overall better in team stats as well, 2 for 7 on the powerplay which is huge, 53% in the faceoffs and 17 blocked shots. Good team effort.

Good game and good effort all around in this game. I know they're out of a playoff spot this year but next year is looking good for this Flames team.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Wow, what an impressive performance by Joni Ortio in this game stopping 30 of 31 shots. I thought he looked really tight, solid and together. Even came out to play the puck a few times and just seemed really calm,cool, like he's been doing it for years.

Could turn out to be even better than Miikka Kiprusoff, he's only played a couple games but wow, so far so good.

Lots of good things about this game, Markus Granlund getting his first NHL goal, nice goals by Paul Byron and Joe Colborne as well, really liked the speed in this game, looks good for the Flames future. Good goal by Cammalleri as well for his second in two games.

Corban Knight 61% on the face offs, I've been saying all year and asking why these guys aren't up here.

Sean Monahan, continues to improve and impress as well, getting 2 assists. He's just getting more confident and is really a great skater which has been quite noticeable the last few games. He's going to be a force when he fills out that big frame a bit.

Will definitely be leading the Flames to their next cup in a couple years here.

Solid game by the captain Mark Giordano with 2 assists and an assist by Max Reinhart as well.

Flames overall better in team stats as well, 2 for 7 on the powerplay which is huge, 53% in the faceoffs and 17 blocked shots. Good team effort.

Good game and good effort all around in this game. I know they're out of a playoff spot this year but next year is looking good for this Flames team.

Well put.

To add to this, I think the NHL experience for a lot of these young guys will translate well for a AHL playoff run.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
2meztwi.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad