GDT: Ottawa (and the Duchene Show) @ Montreal (Team Price)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Had trouble finding humour with Ottawa so I just grabbed the low-hanging fruit.

ottawa copy.jpg

Forward lines November 28 Practice:
Galchenyuk - Drouin - Byron
Pacioretty - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - Plekanec - Gallagher
Deslauriers - de la Rose - Froese

Last game:

I am joking about Maroon (I hope) but you just never know:
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is the sexy name, but Pat Maroon is the most likely Oiler to be traded if things continue this way.

31 Thoughts: Eberle, Hall and how the media really affects NHLers

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I expect Duchene to start producing but I can’t help but laugh at the Sens fans (the most insufferable fanbase) that were adamant that it was a good trade. At BEST Turris for Duchene is lateral. But trading away all of those extras? LOL

Yeah I like Duchene but the way Ottawa fans are hyping him up you would think they traded for Couture or Barkov. It's a very much lateral move when they traded Turris and worse if you add in the assets they gave up.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
- Wonder what the Sens will get for Duchene at the trade deadline next year?

- Those who thought we should of traded Sergachev for Duchene... still think this?

This is going to be a very good game. Sens are in desperate need of a win and Habs are playing solid hockey. I expect a close game.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
A win from the Habs tonight combine with a lost from Boston against Tampa would put the team in
3rd position of the Atl. division tied with Detroit.

Would make the next two games (against Detroit) very interesting.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
i think its a mistake starting price tonight, he should play tomorrow......

i think we lose tonight and tomorrow....win saturday

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
A win from the Habs tonight combine with a lost from Boston against Tampa would put the team in
3rd position of the Atl. division tied with Detroit.

Would make the next two games (against Detroit) very interesting.
Holy shit that's right. Wtf, playoff contention really snuck up on me.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I think it will be Price, Niemi, Price and that's how it should be. Niemi gets the away game and Price gets the home game. Also, Price has never played back to back games. That wont change now.

Regardless of which goalie starts, we are facing 2 teams that are just begging to be beat. We shouldnt have a hard time getting the 6 pts if we show up for 60 mins.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I expect Duchene to start producing but I can’t help but laugh at the Sens fans (the most insufferable fanbase) that were adamant that it was a good trade. At BEST Turris for Duchene is lateral. But trading away all of those extras? LOL
It really made no sense...as I said at the time, this was a Eugene Melnyk trade, not a Pierre Dorion trade.

If the Sens and Melnyk were serious about winning, they would of traded for Duchene while keeping Turris. We all keep hearing about how many great prospects they have, a team serious about winning doesn't make lateral swaps of players AND pays an incentive on top of it (1st + 3rd + Bowers) without reason.

And that reason is that Turris needed a new multi year deal, while Duchene is signed for this year and next.

Was the same story for the Zibanejad for Brassard trade and it was the same story for their Dion Phaneuf trade...all motivated by an owner who claims he's losing more money than he's making.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It really made no sense...as I said at the time, this was a Eugene Melnyk trade, not a Pierre Dorion trade.

If the Sens and Melnyk were serious about winning, they would of traded for Duchene while keeping Turris. We all keep hearing about how many great prospects they have, a team serious about winning doesn't make lateral swaps of players AND pays an incentive on top of it (1st + 3rd + Bowers) without reason.

And that reason is that Turris needed a new multi year deal, while Duchene is signed for this year and next.

Was the same story for the Zibanejad for Brassard trade and it was the same story for their Dion Phaneuf trade...all motivated by an owner who claims he's losing more money than he's making.

It wasn't a good trade in terms of expected value, and the value they seem to be getting is actually worse.

Reactions: Runner77

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It wasn't a good trade in terms of expected value, and the value they seem to be getting is actually worse.
I don't mean to be disparaging towards Duchene, he's a good player, probably more dynamic than Turris is.

But Kyle Turris is a very good player in his own right, I've always found him underrated, I thought before he was traded to the Habs, that he was a center the Habs should target even back then. He's maybe not as dynamic as Duchene, but he impacts the game on more levels than Duchene does IMO.

The swap of players 1 for 1 isn't bad, I get the appeal from the Sens point of view...but it's the incentive they had to pay on top of it to get it done, simply because they have what I think is a bad owner.

The Sens can't miss the playoffs this year, so that trade better pay off because they don't have a 1st rounder t bring in the type of help I think they need most (on Defense) and I don't think Chabot is ready to be an everyday NHL dman, I've always found him overhyped a bit, but that seems to be common when it comes to Sens prospects/players.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Columbus was on a 6-game winning streak when they played the Habs. They were due for a loss.

Ottawa is on a 6-game losing streak, they're probably due for a win. Here's hoping that their win can wait one more game.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Are Weber and Schlemko expected to play or are they still out?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Are Weber and Schlemko expected to play or are they still out?
Looks like they're both in and Mete is out...

Edit: looks like both Weber & Mete are out, but Schlemko is in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad