Ottawa 67's 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
MacKenzie back in net tonight. Dietsch is the 18th skater. Whitehead is the reserve 19th skater on the Scoresheet. So, they will dress 7 D-Men plus 11 forwards. Horner is back.
Why wouldn't they dress Hilton against a bigger physical team? He played well imo in a limited role in the first half. Then non existent icetime in the second half. I know both him and Barlas were away for personal reasons at one point. Don't want to get into that but dunno Hilton is probably more use than Dietsch as a seventh D in this series? He scored in his only recent game!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Why wouldn't they dress Hilton against a bigger physical team? He played well imo in a limited role in the first half. Then non existent icetime in the second half. I know both him and Barlas were away for personal reasons at one point. Don't want to get into that but dunno Hilton is probably more use than Dietsch as a seventh D in this series? He scored in his only recent game!

Likely the plan is to not play the 4th line as a 3 man unit. Cameron probably wants Kelly and Barlas to play with one of the other three centres. In that situation, Cameron probably wants the extra D-Man. Just a guess on my end.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
3-1 after 2

SHOTS ON GOAL
Teams1st2ndTotal
OTT8917
BFD131528

Last edited:

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
Stonehouse threw away any chance they had of coming back. Very selfish.
It's not just him. That was a dreadful penalty to take, but the entire veteran core of this team seems unable to play with any discipline. Dumbass penalties abound. The worst is that Brantford's PP is abysmal, but the law of averages will prevail. In 3 games, Ottawa's PP is 0-for-10. Too many passengers on this train.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Stonehouse is looking at ending the season and getting ice time with the Condors or the Komets. I don't think he is happy with DC team.

I still think that they should be playing Whitehead and getting him some experience. It is not as if the others are going to win games.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
Stonehouse is looking at ending the season and getting ice time with the Condors or the Komets. I don't think he is happy with DC team.

I still think that they should be playing Whitehead and getting him some experience. It is not as if the others are going to win games.
This should have happened 3 months ago. Sitting out rookies to lose games is ridiculous.

"The definition of insanity is -- doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." Albert Einstein, famous smart guy.

Reactions: OMG67

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
It’s simple Hilton does not skate or move well enough to play in this series.

Whitehead is way too small & not strong enough to play in a game like that last night.

Reactions: RCN83

SidSixpointSeven

Nov 1, 2019
Smyth - on the ice standing around for 3 Brantford goals last night - doesn't move or skate well enough to play in this series either, yet the coaching staff continues to trot him out there to kill penalties (including a 5 on 3). Completely and utterly mind boggling ...

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They say you're never in trouble in a series until you lose at home, but to me tomorrow night is an absolute must win. If this team comes home down 2-0 it will be over in four straight. If the 67's can't get their big dogs to show up to get a badly needed split, then they won't show up at home next week either.

Reactions: Race Dawg and OMG67

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
It’s simple Hilton does not skate or move well enough to play in this series.

Whitehead is way too small & not strong enough to play in a game like that last night.
Put a guy 6'5" 200lbs in front of the net on the power play and dare teams to move him or goalies to see what happening. Then give him the same orders players like Galbraith, Oduya recieved.

GO OUT THERE AND HIT ANYTHING in a Brantford uniform

Or do you think Sturat getting hit just happened?

Can he do worse? At least he still has heart and cojones. Unlike 2 of our centers, he has something to prove.

Let's be honest this team will not win this series unless there is a miracle. Let's play some of the guys that are coming back next year so they get the experience

above is not sarcasm

But If Brantford forgets how to skate.
If Barlas or Stonehouse turn out to be goalscorers overnight
If Mailet turns into a replica of Alyn MacAuley
If Killer returns to take over the practices and bench
Unless the league allows Ottawa to put a steel wall across the net
then we might win a game.

for those who miss it sarcasm alert

Last edited:

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
There is always a feeling out process in the first game of any series. For Ottawa: they are the smaller team, stop trying to play like the bigger team, the result is only stupid penalties. Finish checks and avoid scrums, they will never win the post whistle arm wrestle.

Load up the top two lines and increase the tempo. Put Mayer and Maillet on Xhekaj when they can, try to take advantage of a Kressler/o’brien match-up. Horner and Dever don’t have the skill to play against the top two lines so stop trying to roll 3 lines, it is like playing short handed. Stonehouse obviously got reprimanded for the penalty at the end of the first and then checked out.

They will want to consider the same with Sirman and Smyth, the skill of the top 2 lines is above them. Ottawa has a chance in a best against best, having two lines playing shorted handed won’t allow that.

Reactions: dirty12 and OMG67

NoQuit67s

Feb 10, 2020
The PK has been terrible for the last month, it needs to be fixed.
Yes Smyth will block the odd shot, but agree that it is time to stop rolling him out there when shorthanded.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I never understood why they dealt Lawerence and brought in Maillet. Lawerence appears to be doing well in London. Big body with some skill would have been a benefit for Ottawa in this series.

WJ

Reactions: nelli27 and dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I never understood why they dealt Lawerence and brought in Maillet. Lawerence appears to be doing well in London. Big body with some skill would have been a benefit for Ottawa in this series.

WJ
Idk if Zito would have finished the season if in Ottawa, but that would have been the right choice imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad