Ottawa 67's 2015 Off-Season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
FWIW, the 67s retweeted the following message today from Kevin Groulx :
Kevin Groulx (@Grousy93) tweeted at 4:09 PM on Fri, Aug 07, 2015:
Thank you @Ottawa67sHockey and the fans for the past 3 years. Grateful to have played in my hometown in front of family. Memories forever!!
(https://twitter.com/Grousy93/status/629746202205143040?s=03)​

Well doesn't sound like he's coming to camp. Too bad would have been interested to see his progress. Thought he showed well last year. Thanks for the info SFan.
Any dates on training camp yet?

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Well doesn't sound like he's coming to camp. Too bad would have been interested to see his progress. Thought he showed well last year. Thanks for the info SFan.
Any dates on training camp yet?

How is it that he's attending Sherbrooke's camp? Was he waived by the 67's?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Kevin Groulz OHL stats in 3 years (only played 2 years)

OHL: 22 2 1 3 0.14 4 -7

Dont think we will miss him

Kevin Groulx ‏@Grousy93 Aug 7

I am excited to begin a new journey starting my Business degree @BishopsU and joining the @PhoenixSherbroo on Monday. It's been real Stitty!

CanadianShark

Aug 27, 2014
Milton Ontario
Ottawa 67s website this morning.

"Tickets for the 67's 2015 pre-season are now on sale!

Ottawa opens the 2015 pre-season schedule with a showdown with the Gatineau Olympiques at the Arena at TD Place on Friday, September 4.

The match against Ottawa's cross-river rivals from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League will begin at 7 p.m.

The 67's will then host the Kingston Frontenacs on Friday, September 18 at the Arena at TD Place at 7 p.m.

Parking will be available for $8 and is located in the underground lot at TD Place.

To purchase tickets please call 613-232-6767

CanadianShark

Aug 27, 2014
Milton Ontario
And you know this how?

Junior Minsk has Falkovsky under there pre season roster for 2015-2016. If Ottawa signed him he wouldn't be on there training camp list. No statement from the 67s has been published of him being signed, only that he has been drafted by the club. Im sure if Ottawa had signed him they would of released it to the public by now. Again i could be wrong. We will just have to wait 2 weeks until training camp.

CanadianShark

Aug 27, 2014
Milton Ontario
has anybody heard when training camp starts and the times.

Training Camp starts September 1st and lasts until September 4th at TD Place. 4 Scrimmage games will take place during these dates. 9:30am-11am and 4:30pm-6-30pm on the 2nd and 3rd of September. Along with a pre season game on the 4th vs Gatineau Olympics to end the camp. I'm thinking after the last scrimmage game on September 3rd all cuts will be made. Players who play in pre season are usually the ones we will end up seeing on the roster this year in the regular season. Does anybody have any predictions for pre season lineup? Players to watch for at camp?

CanadianShark

Aug 27, 2014
Milton Ontario
has anybody heard when training camp starts and the times.

Training Camp starts September 1st and lasts until September 4th at TD Place. 4 Scrimmage games will take place during these dates. 9:30am-11am and 4:30pm-6-30pm on the 2nd and 3rd of September. Along with a pre season game on the 4th vs Gatineau Olympics to end the camp. I'm thinking after the last scrimmage game on September 3rd all cuts will be made. Players who play in pre season are usually the ones we will end up seeing on the roster this year in the regular season. Does anybody have any predictions for pre season lineup? Players to watch for at camp?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

In general the players you want to watch are the defense and Imports. I am not sold on Tyanulin. Any time you have a player that tends to play with a little more individualism it scares me a bit. At 6'7", Falkovsky scares me too. He doesn't seem to skate well and at that size if he skated well, he'd have been drafted to the NHL for sure. HE may be a work in progress or investment and I am not sure this team can afford that.

We always want to see what the newly drafted kids have to offer but being realistic, it is unlikely any of them make a significant impact through the first half of the season.

I think the main purpose of this camp is to solidify what we already know about our offense and figure out what the heck we are going to do with the defense.

CanadianShark

Aug 27, 2014
Milton Ontario
In general the players you want to watch are the defense and Imports. I am not sold on Tyanulin. Any time you have a player that tends to play with a little more individualism it scares me a bit. At 6'7", Falkovsky scares me too. He doesn't seem to skate well and at that size if he skated well, he'd have been drafted to the NHL for sure. HE may be a work in progress or investment and I am not sure this team can afford that.

We always want to see what the newly drafted kids have to offer but being realistic, it is unlikely any of them make a significant impact through the first half of the season.

I think the main purpose of this camp is to solidify what we already know about our offense and figure out what the heck we are going to do with the defense.

Couldn't agree more.

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
Junior Minsk has Falkovsky under there pre season roster for 2015-2016. If Ottawa signed him he wouldn't be on there training camp list. No statement from the 67s has been published of him being signed, only that he has been drafted by the club. Im sure if Ottawa had signed him they would of released it to the public by now. Again i could be wrong. We will just have to wait 2 weeks until training camp.

While this does not say that he is signed, and the fact this is an old article, nevertheless, just having the 67's post it on their site means that they have some plans for him this year.

Sorry, meant to include link.

http://www.ottawa67s.com/article/player-profile-stepan-falkovsky

sfan

Jun 26, 2013
Ottawa
Actually, CanadianShark's link does contain the scrimmage schedule. It starts Tuesday at 7pm and ends Thursday morning.

Link doesn't have any information. From what the 67's told me:

Wednesday Sept 2 @ 9:00 and 4:30
Thursday Sept 3rd @ 4:30

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
Jeff Brown on TSN 1200 today said only one on ice session each day for training camp. Tuesday at 7:30. Wed at 1:00 and Thursday at 10:30. All scrimages will be 3 x 20 minute stop time periods. He wants to see the players in a typical game situation.
As well he said there will be three goalies in camp. Herbst. Lazarov and Lafreniere.
The interview is on the 67s webpage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad