Confirmed Trade: [OTT/TOR] Gabriel Gagne for Morgan Klimchuk

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Still waiting for Dubas to actually win a trade. Hope when a really important on comes up he doesn't lose.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Every AHL trade thread reads the same, including someone who points out every AHL trade thread reads the same.

Reactions: derriko

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think the Leafs get the better of this trade. In the 0.00001 percent chance that Gagne ever puts it together like he showed glimmers of last year, he'll be an exceptional skilled big bodied playmaker.

Klimchuk was sick in NHL 13, and that game was my re-entry into the series. Klimchuk, Lazar, and Shinkaruk formed many cheese dynasties for me.

It's notable that Dorion seemed to really like Gagne as a prospect.

This seems like the typical change of scenery type move. Klimchuk is two years older than Gagne, so just on paper there seems to be less upside there. I wonder if there was anything political about this move in terms of Gagne's effort or attitude. Maybe the coach down in the AHL didn't like him. I am just spit balling. It's just strange that his production has regressed so much this season after having somewhat of a break through last year.

Reactions: derriko

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Klimchuk joins the long list of past prospects that HF posters overvalued over the years. It would be fun to have a thread that lists all those 'former untouchables' that ended up never making even a hint of a difference.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Clearly the trade that will shift the balance of power in the Atlantic.

Agreed.

Ottawa continues to suck.
Toronto starts to suck.
Tampa tries to stay one step ahead of Toronto and 'outsucks' them

Habs come from behind to win the division.

Should be fun.

Reactions: uncleben

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I vaguely like this trade, apparently he produced well on the baby sens 2nd line last year. Why not give him a try.

why has klimchuk struggled w the marlies so bad
According to Scott Wheeler "Klimchuk didnt fit in Keefe or the Marlies system"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad