Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJS] Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers, 1st, 2nd - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
He's not gonna put the same numbers and his health is not the same. Only a year left on contract I do this deal. I really like the norris balcers and 1st round pick plus 2nd round pick part of it.
Grab a clue. Do yourself a favour and look up his stats from Jan 1 to the end of last season when he was about 80% healthy. After a full off season of training, he's healthy and ready to embarrass the shit out Melnyk and Dorion.

EK is going to rip it up.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I know I'm late to the party and I'm sure it's been said, but I'd rather get Nick Suzuki and a 2nd from Vegas for Karlsson than what they got from SJ.

Absolutely fleeced.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Oh man I almost feel sorry for Ottawa fans, they got PTSD bad. One is going back through all my posts where I mentioned Karlsson and liking them to try to own me, I suppose, totally missing the fact that I was hacking Ottawa fans for overhyping Karlsson. I guess he was the one ray of hope in an otherwise bleak situation, and now that he's gone ...

e7a.png

So as to give this post actual content, one thing I have always said is that Karlsson isn't necessarily going to score a hell of a lot more points on a team with a better offense like San Jose. There is still only one puck to go around so he doesn't suddenly become a 90+ point D-man.

I guess now I can hope I was wrong about that ;)

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
HAHA.

What a farce.

SJ PP is going to be insane..... wonder if they will try to balance out 2 units (I don't think I would)

He was going to a Western team but for that....ffs....

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
One is going back through all my posts where I mentioned Karlsson and liking them to try to own me, I suppose, totally missing the fact that I was hacking Ottawa fans for overhyping Karlsson.

Yeah, that was me.

It's pretty hilarious seeing all the things you said about him, and now you have to cheer for him.

The comical irony of it is a silver lining for sure.

Hopefully he's not "absolute garbage" for you guys this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slimmy

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I know I'm late to the party and I'm sure it's been said, but I'd rather get Nick Suzuki and a 2nd from Vegas for Karlsson than what they got from SJ.

Absolutely fleeced.
It has to taken into consideration that the Pacthes trade to Vegas included his agreeing to sign once there. With Karlsson ( at least to my awareness ) there is no agreement to sign with San Jose. Karlsson will wait and choose where he signs his next ( and potentially last ) big contract. San Jose has traded for Karlsson for one year and one year only.

Reactions: MordredGK

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Cant do sweet **** all ,when you have a owner like EM....Congrats SJ

That is so true.

Ownership drives this league. Have a bad owner and, unfortunately for Ottawa fans they do, you have zero chance for any sustained success.

You may catch lightining in a bottle for a year or two but it won’t last.

Reactions: topshelf15

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Oh man I almost feel sorry for Ottawa fans, they got PTSD bad. One is going back through all my posts where I mentioned Karlsson and liking them to try to own me, I suppose, totally missing the fact that I was hacking Ottawa fans for overhyping Karlsson. I guess he was the one ray of hope in an otherwise bleak situation, and now that he's gone ...

e7a.png

So as to give this post actual content, one thing I have always said is that Karlsson isn't necessarily going to score a hell of a lot more points on a team with a better offense like San Jose. There is still only one puck to go around so he doesn't suddenly become a 90+ point D-man.

I guess now I can hope I was wrong about that ;)
Talk about not deserving to get to cheer for him. I guess if i never played hockey or have never tied a pair of skates it would be difficult for me to understand the sport.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That is so true.

Ownership drives this league. Have a bad owner and, unfortunately for Ottawa fans they do, you have zero chance for any sustained success.

You may catch lightining in a bottle for a year or two but it won’t last.
We got hosed because EM doesnt care...PD is merely the puppet ...All trades go through the owner,and he doesnt want to spend a dime...On any other team EK is re signed ,or is moved without the money of the return being the biggest issue...

Every deal we have made for a star since he has been the owner we have gotten shafted on..His penny pinching ways have been the exact reason for this....

When we make our next deal,us Sens fans already know what to expect....And its more than obvious so does the rest of the league

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

lawrence

May 19, 2012
starting to get the feeling no matter what Ottawa got in return it's a bad trade.

I'm not truly sure what the issue is here, or what Ottawa is exactly missing. 2 full time NHLers under 25 along with a 1st rounder a 2nd rounder and a 1st round prospect,

people are also ignoring the fact and out right avoiding the "Sharks could have gotten him for free next July"

I'm sure if a Canadian team made a similar move for Karlsson moving comparable pieces hfboards.com will actually be all over that team for forking up too much for a pending ufa come July.

well done hfboards.com

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

Absolutely fleeced.

That could be true but how does anyone really know how Balcers and Norris will turn out? Then there is a 1st and 2nd as well (along with possibly other 1st & 2nd round picks). HF is where the clairvoyants hang out I guess.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Absolutely fleeced.

???????? so you rather have less, love the canned responses around here.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
That could be true but how does anyone really know how Balcers and Norris will turn out? Then there is a 1st and 2nd as well (along with other possibly other 1st & 2nd round picks). HF is where the clairvoyants hang out I guess.

and no one knows if Karlsson will resign in San Jose. this trade is less risky for Ottawa, they don't want a Tavares like outcome.

San Jose is going all in, literally, and I think they do have a legit shot at reaching the finals, which will then reward the sens, possibly the 30th or 31st pick.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
and no one knows if Karlsson will resign in San Jose. this trade is less risky for Ottawa, they don't want a Tavares like outcome.

San Jose is going all in, literally, and I think they do have a legit shot at reaching the finals, which will then reward the sens, possibly the 30th or 31st pick.

Nope. That pick is owned by Colorado. The 1st round pick from this trade is for the 2020 draft, if the Sharks make the playoffs, which they will.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
After reading through pages and pages of grief, I still don't understand how much Sens fans expected to get for an unextended rental. Whether he's the best at whatever position or not is beyond the question. Sharks offered up quantity and got quality, and that's a fair trade.

The best the Sens could have gotten was multiple firsts or a top six player on a rental contract, given that they're supposedly in rebuild mode now, only picks and prospects are going to be a help to them, and that's essentially what they got.

If you want to blame anyone for EK's departure, I'd start with Hoffman's girlfriend and go from there.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
After reading through pages and pages of grief, I still don't understand how much Sens fans expected to get for an unextended rental. Whether he's the best at whatever position or not is beyond the question. Sharks offered up quantity and got quality, and that's a fair trade.

The best the Sens could have gotten was multiple firsts or a top six player on a rental contract, given that they're supposedly in rebuild mode now, only picks and prospects are going to be a help to them, and that's essentially what they got.

If you want to blame anyone for EK's departure, I'd start with Hoffman's girlfriend and go from there.
Meh its our cheap lazy owner that deserves 100% of the blame

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I still can't believe they dealt with SJ again after they flipped Hoffman back to the Atlantic, let alone get bent over this badly.
That's why Dorian included the clause for a conditional 1st round pick if we trade him to an Eastern Conference team.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm convinced the makeup of this trade completely changed the second they got the news of the severity of Pageau's injury. All to save face. Awful.

I hope the Senators finish 20th or higher, but Colorado wins the draft lottery just to put the cherry on top of this turd fiasco.

Absolutely fleeced.

I doubt Suzuki was on the table for 1 year of Karlsson.

Reactions: GoldenSeal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad