Claimed off Waivers: [OTT] Senators claim Boris Katchouk off waivers from the Blackhawks

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
He's got some skill, size, decent wheels, a decent shot and every eighth game or so he brings some pink mist psycho and occasionally has shifts where he looks like a legit power forward. He's also a dumb hockey player, but I have no idea why we kept Sanford over him who is big and f***ing invisible every night.

LuRich wasn't a fan of the inconsistency I guess. He prefers the guys who consistently suck.

Did Sanford have his out of nowhere hat trick yet? If not then maybe management is waiting for that.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
So, no then. Ok, he'll get his audition then can hit the road, because that's what we need.
Here's the frustrating thing with a player like this. When he was waived and unclaimed earlier this year, he took his assignment with a good attitude, went down to the AHL and produced well. With a wave of injuries, he was called up and played really well from my perspective for a bit. The kind of thing that suggests a wakeup call was what he needed. He started getting more ice time/opportunity. Then after some more time, it went right back to before with the frustrating inconsistency. He has all the tools to be an effective bottom six grinder that can occasionally be bumped up, but he's 25, not 22, so the inconsistency just can't happen.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Here's the frustrating thing with a player like this. When he was waived and unclaimed earlier this year, he took his assignment with a good attitude, went down to the AHL and produced well. With a wave of injuries, he was called up and played really well from my perspective for a bit. The kind of thing that suggests a wakeup call was what he needed. He started getting more ice time/opportunity. Then after some more time, it went right back to before with the frustrating inconsistency. He has all the tools to be an effective bottom six grinder that can occasionally be bumped up, but he's 25, not 22, so the inconsistency just can't happen.
Not gonna lie, he'll fit right in in Ottawa.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Katchouk-Kastelic-MacEwen
Could be a decent 4th line. Probably like him over Kelly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad