Speculation: (OTT/NSH/COL) Sakic you were a beast on this one. (Duchene trade revisited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
There seems to be a few different opinions on this trade floating around.

I have witnessed and would argue that Sakic did really awesome on this trade. He gained 7 assets for COL and at the same time weakened OTT and NSH.

I think NSH fans think that they got Turris (a 2nd line C) for throw aways. I don't think it was a massive overpayment for Turris, but Turris seems to have taken a step back. He really wasn't what he was with OTT. His regular season was ok, but his playoff was poor. That's just not the Turris I know. Perhaps he can bounce back, but I have my doubts.

The OTT story we know all too well.

I only see one big winner in this trade. I don't see two.

The hockey news:

"To recap, the Ottawa Senators, Colorado Avalanche and Nashville Predators completed a three-way trade that saw Duchene move to the Senators and Turris to the Predators, then sign a six-year, $36 million contract extension. In return for Duchene, the Avs received prospect Shane Bowers, the Senators’ first-round pick in 2017, Ottawa’s first-round pick in 2018 and their third-rounder in 2019, along with goaltender Andrew Hammond. From the Predators, they picked up a second-round pick in 2018 and two prospects – 19-year-old defenseman Samuel Girard and 21-year-old left winger Vladislav Kamenev"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad