Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Filip Gustavsson re-signs with the Senators (2 years, $787.5K AAV, 2-way in Y1)

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
One of the better goalie prospects I've followed in a long time. Hopefully he turns out, could be absolutely massive for Ottawa.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I dont see huge, huge upside, but I definitely think he's an NHL goalie and am very happy with this signing. I see him as a guy who should be able to put in 30-50 solid games a year down the line, and maybe as soon as year 2 of the deal.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Awful deal for Gustavsson. Basically guarantees he's starting in the AHL when he was arguably the best goalie in Ottawa last year. Small sample still, but waiver exempt and the lower salary. AHL bound.

Reactions: yzerman

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Awful deal for Gustavsson. Basically guarantees he's starting in the AHL when he was arguably the best goalie in Ottawa last year. Small sample still, but waiver exempt and the lower salary. AHL bound.

He already was gonna be starting in the AHL, hence why Forsberg was brought in. Sens were never gonna give him a 1-way deal for this season off of a 9-game stint, especially given he has really struggle in previous years and has never really been the starter in the A. Honestly, I'm more concerned about what will happen if Sogaard steals the starting job for him.

Reactions: teddygmr

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Forsberg is going to be gone by November/December when a team is hit with goaltending injuries (as long as it isnt Murray). Gus is going to be and playing more than the average backup. Small concession on his end to get some money locked up for a good 9 game stint. He was able to lock up nearly a million. Its not a small amount for a guy trying to break into and hold an nhl spot

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Forsberg is going to be gone by November/December when a team is hit with goaltending injuries (as long as it isnt Murray). Gus is going to be and playing more than the average backup. Small concession on his end to get some money locked up for a good 9 game stint. He was able to lock up nearly a million. Its not a small amount for a guy trying to break into and hold an nhl spot

Eh, it's really not much. It's a great deal for the Sens. Horrible for Gustavvson.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
My hot take is this guy will be a Vezina competitor. The last time I was this high on a prospect was Rundblad and that didn’t exactly pan out, but the guy looked awesome last year.

I'm seeing high potential in him... Legit no.1 starter
alpine4life, Oct 16, 2020 :naughty:

as for OP, I'm happy to see this... would have prefer a year or two extra on the contract but in general it's more than fine
now Eugene, finish the work with B. Tkachuk & D. Batherson please

Reactions: Sureves

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
He’ll still be an RFA when this expires and that’s all OTT should care about. Two year window for Gus to establish himself as an NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00