Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Tim Stützle signs extension with the Senators (8 years, $8.35M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
If Pitt did not trade the 2nd round pick to Vegas it was not a given they would take MAF in the draft.

Fleury willingly waived his no trade and no movement clauses to be left exposed by the Penguins 2017 NHL Expansion Draft, where he was subsequently selected by the Vegas Golden Knights.[34] Pittsburgh also traded their second round pick in the 2020 Entry Draft as an incentive for Vegas to select Fleury, in order for the team to be relieved of his nearly $6 million cap hit.[35]

What do you call that?

Is the Canadian education system crying with no points? That is all I get from you guys.
I and everyone else calls it Fleury being selected in the expansion draft because he WASNT traded.

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
I and everyone else calls it Fleury being selected in the expansion draft because he WASNT traded.
You going to cry about some technicality when without the 2nd round pick trade he isnt selected in the expansion draft by them.

This is like saying the sens are not a bottom 10 team they are just rebuilding.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If he is never a point a game player it is silly contract that hurts the Sens. If he cant get over 1 point a game it is a silly contract that hurts the Sens.
So given he is already a PPG player, I guess this isn't a silly contract?

If you want to talk silly, let's talk about how 62 of your 64 posts are dedicated to hating a 20 year old star center.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
You going to cry about some technicality when without the 2nd round pick trade he isnt selected in the expansion draft by them.

6 straight years of being in bottom 10 and this is the reply.

Settle down bruh. 63/65 of your posts have been made in this thread, its clear that you are obsessed with Stützle as he is an emerging süperstar but its not healthy man.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
The San Jose Sharks just gave Tomas Hertl 8.1 mill a year for 8 years and he is not a HOF player or even close. He is a B grade starter but a legit NHL scout should be able to find a player around as good with a 2nd round pick or lower and if he was not able to do it that means the scout needs to be fired and replaced.
If you can guarantee your player is gonna be as good as Hertl , you take him in the first half of first round 10/10, maybe not top 5, but lottery for sure. It's pretty far our to say scouts should be expected to pick a player like him in the 2nd round or lower, it doesn't even happen every season...

He's an above average top 6 center who's scored around a 30g pace and averaged a .85ppg since the 2018 season; with some grit and alright 2 way game. Besides that he's one of the biggest fan favorites, so even if he's slightly overpaid, a)who else are the Sharks gonna pay for that role, who will sell more tickets? b)wouldn't he be getting that contract on open market? I don't see him getting much less as UFA if he would have gone into it instead of signing an extension

And ther Stutzle contract is fine, there's a risk tolerance to everything, and it's how teams are starting to structure young, potential all star contracts...that's pretty much it

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And they have not even won a single playoff series together yet. A "good" gm/scout could wait until they win a playoff series before paying anyone to make sure they think they are worth it. Have a scout who is actually good.

The sens core has never won a playoff series and you call me "God damn clueless."
His contract is going to be a steal he isnt even making 8 yet and he is a ppg. When the hell were they going to win a playoff series?.... They are just getting to the point where the players they tanked for are starting to play. He is on his entry level deal.....

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018

Also, I wasn’t going to go there, but barring injury, Stutzle will be in the HoF

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004

I'm not crying about some technicality, Im pointing out the fact that Fleury wasn't traded. You asked someone to prove you wrong and that happened. Now you're trying to say because a second round pick was traded that means Fleury was traded. A pick being traded to ensure someone in a DRAFT was picked doesn't mean that player was traded.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
No matter how bad the sens are you guys still defend how they do it to you and call me the crazy one.

Bottom 10 team with Debrincat and do not have the cap to keep him?

The bar is low to be a Sens fan that Stuzle contract is viewed as amazing even if he is not a HOF player and the sens have no shot at a cup realistically.

6 straight years in bottom 10.

Most of you do not even understand cap dumps are one of the most easy ways to fix a bad team.
Is this how all Americans are?

This guy fits the steryotypes to a T.

USA in name, USA flag as PFP, Stubborn, ignorant and can’t admit he is wrong.

Well done young man.

lucky0slevin

Aug 9, 2011
The Sharks are a train wreck dumpster fire.

The Hertl contract is bad in every context for the Sharks. A playoff contender Hertl could in theory be worth it to one of them if he helps them win the cup.

I assume you do not know what a cap dump trade is?

How the Sharks go about trading Meier and Karl will be interesting.
you think Meier and karl are going to be a problem to move? funny. Meier is very much in demand because nobody else like him is available right now. It will most likely be a sign a trade.

Karl might be a little more tricky, but I can easily see him traded with a 3rd team involved to get more retention going and not all on the sharks part. He's having a real good season and is finally healthy since he came over.

The cap dump part is most likely US taking on bad contracts/dumps in return to offload them but they will both get a 1st back 100%. Might I recall the Sens have a Chabot being paid over 8million a year to never play a full season ever ! Karl retained at just 20% comes in a 9.2 mill per season which is less than DARNEL NURSE, SETH JONES that don't have anywhere near his production right?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
63 out of 65 points for a year all in one thread?

Everyone wanders under a bridge and gets surprised with what they find.....

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Before the mods lock this one down, there's still time to post a pic of Stutzle doing his HOF-worthy stuff :sarcasm:

1674854659973.png

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

No this is like saying a team trading a pick to have a specific player selected in the expansion draft can justify not paying a future superstar $8M a year.

Every country has em

But most other countries have the common decency to keep them in asylums and away from the general public. :D

Assen na yo!

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Just because the Sens make worse moves than the Stutzle contract does not make it a good contract.

If he is a HOF player would be the only way there is any argument to pay him that.

In cap dump trades for 8 mill you can probably get a 2nd and 3rd each season for that. You might even get more or a higher pick some seasons. Do you think Stutzle is even worth 8 2nd round picks? because I don't no offense. He would be worth even less to me if I was the sens owner or gm because they need a full rebuild.

The Josh Norris contract probably is worse than the Stutzle contract but that is not something to be proud of. The Sens giving Norris that contract is like saying Norris is better than 8 2nd round picks also. You should be able to trade 8 mill of cap for 1 2nd round pick a season at minimum.

If there is any truth to the rumor the Sens cap is so messed up they cant afford to resign DeBrincat when they should have never traded for him in the first place is a double donk.

The Sens hit a home run in the Erik Karlsson trade and still could not use that to turn the team around. The team has no idea what it is doing and so many sens fans got mad at me before the season for saying so.

One sens fan says that free agents do not want to sign there well you can make a playoff winning team without signing an expensive free agent. In the draft bad teams have the biggest advantage.

You can trade down from your top 5 pick from future firsts. You can trade for a teams future first 3 years from now. The point is the future will always look better until you win a playoff series.

The San Jose Sharks just gave Tomas Hertl 8.1 mill a year for 8 years and he is not a HOF player or even close. He is a B grade starter but a legit NHL scout should be able to find a player around as good with a 2nd round pick or lower and if he was not able to do it that means the scout needs to be fired and replaced.

The Sharks were already bad it was just not logical to do such a silly contract.

8 mill should get at least 1 2nd round pick a season in a cap dump. That extra 2nd round pick a season would help the sharks more than Hertl will.

Filip Forsberg makes 8.5 mill a year and Nash has no chance to win a cup. They could have traded him for top dollar at the trade deadline last season and he is not worth his new contract.

Nash can make people think they have a chance to win a cup to justify this contract but their overall roster isnt good enough for Forsberg to matter.

What the F did I just read?! lmfao
Something this idiotic deserves a response but there is no way I’m wasting 5 more seconds on it…good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad