GDT: OTT @ BUF 7pm TV:MSG Radio: WGR - Thank you, Sabres!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Cheer the team. Boo he owner/GM box
Nope. Theyre on a good path. They wouldn't hear a boo from me.

Keep winning, I want 90 points. f*** Ottawa.

I'm sure the replies to this won't be toxic.
Yeah. I predicted 90+ points, so I am rooting for a W!

If they give Anderson the start, I would hope they would do everything they could to make his probable last NHL start a win.
Good point. Plus, I forgot I predicted 90+ points, so let's keep the trend going...just win!

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
If I were in Buffalo still I would love to be at this game.

I personally needed this season from the Sabres. It has been a tough year with shootings and major storms and players dying/being revived on national TV. The Bills have been so good that their window for success basically means that anything short of a Super Bowl and franchise records is a failure. It is tight and it is stressful.

The Sabres were just a fun team with their arrow pointing steeply upwards. I could watch my hockey team with excitement and enjoyment with out the weight of expectations. This was the most fun I have had watching Sabres hockey in probably over a decade, and it was the perfect season for everything that has happened to Buffalo over the last 365 days.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
At least it's running 2/3 Yes and 1/3 No.

My guess is that most people that are excited with the growth this team showed just voted Yes and moved on and the people that voted No and have toxic takes were way more likely to reply.

:dunno:

Yep, it's like the people who go onto the social media comments about the team events but make replies railing at the GM to make a trade. Weird.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I like the progress the Sabres made. Their good players got better. The young players improved and got nhl experience. The team is composed of players who get along and seem to like Buffalo. The additions of Jost, Stillman, and Greenaway were pluses if a bit late. Bringing on Levi was inevitable but also right.
That said UPL was not ready for full time NHL and his rehab from 2 hip operations and lack of professional time in net was a drawback to him. I thought Comrie would show better. I liked Lybushkin most of the time but he made some amazingly stupid giveaways at key times. I was high on Jokiharu but he has not really grown--I expected him to take the puck and go but maybe he was expected to cover for his D mate-like Montour not his skill set.
I liked Granato not losing it when his team got tied in knots--I assume he would have liked more time to actually teach and coach a young team with many new parts. I liked that Adams did not try to rush our skilled but smaller inexperienced budding stars--that would destroy the confidence they need to advance their game.
So I am excited for the future-some amazing highs and very depressing lows for sure this year-but with proper coaching even the lows are good learning opportunities. Better to be Dr. Pangloss than Dr. Doom!

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This might be a controversial opinion but I'm not thanking the Sabres for almost making it.

I have never believed in participation trophies or rewards so why would I start now.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
This might be a controversial opinion but I'm not thanking the Sabres for almost making it.

I have never believed in participation trophies or rewards so why would I start now.
Not controversial I don't think. But I think people are mostly looking to thank them for being exciting and helping bring back fan / city interest for a team that was practically on life support.

Not thanking them for almost making the playoffs as a "participation trophy".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad