Rumor: Ott-Arizona talking Stepan

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Who or what would the Sens be willing to part with to get Stepan, is my question. Like, maybe Anisimov? Maybe a pick? I'm kinda confused as to what could possibly go the other way.

Reactions: qqaz

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Who or what would the Sens be willing to part with to get Stepan, is my question. Like, maybe Anisimov? Maybe a pick? I'm kinda confused as to what could possibly go the other way.

Nothing. Arizona needs cap space. They are over the cap. Arizona likely adds a sweetener to this. Anything they get back would be a $1.5M or less player.

Reactions: bernmeister

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Is this source legit?

He has contacts, but he lost credibility when he reported Karlsson to Tampa as done in the summer of 2018. That doesn’t mean he’s not going to be right about this though.

As for the rumour itself, I don’t see why Ottawa needs another centre. Maybe Anisimov is going back to Arizona.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Depending on what they give up this is a smart deal teams are going to be looking for centers at the deadline they will get solid assets for him.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Arizona is fine on the cap with a Hossa LTIR, and Stepan at $2m in real dollars is a very good value for what he brings. I wouldn't consider Stepan a cap dump situation at that salary.

Wouldn’t shock me if Ottawa took on Hossa’s contract.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa is currently projected to be $8M or more over the cap floor. They have no need for Hossa's contract.

Thats true. Just wouldn’t shock me to see him involved, but maybe I’m wrong.

Stepan
Hossa
Anisimov
Reilly
Nilsson

These are names I could see being in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad