David Clarkson
Alex Tuch
Colin Miller
2020 1st (VGK)

To VGK
2019 2nd (CBJ)
Chris Tierney

Why?

OTT: Clarksons contract is insured, so you're only paying a fraction of his cap hit (not sure on exact number though), Alex Tuch is a great player on a small contract ($4.5M) for 7(!) Years. Tierney is a UFA next year and chances are he wouldn't resign in OTT anyways. Miller was a healthy scratch for them in the playoffs but has potential if given a higher role which he would get with the sens

VGK: You're net loss in this trade cap wise is ~$13M which should let you get your important contracts done. Yes you lose a great player in Tuch but that's the cost of losing cap. The pick swap should be a +/- ~30 Spot change, and it could be much less. You now also have 3 2nd for 2020, which could be used to get back into the 1st round if need be or for deadline acquisitions

Thoughts?

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Speaking as a Sens fan, I don't think Vegas is looking at trading Tuch, especially not as a sweetener to basically dump Clarkson.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Their current cap hit is nearly $5M over next years cap hit and Vegas still has to sign players like Gusev, they gotta get out of this

Yes, but they don’t have to trade them all at once. They can move Miller in a separate deal and get a good return. I think they move Miller, Eakin and Clarkson. Reaves as well. I really don’t think they want to move Tuch.

Reactions: Weiss1604

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Vegas offered teams a 5th rounder along with Clarkson to get rid of.. Then, found out no team would do that and now more likely going to add a player to get rid of him. Though, this trade wont happen based on Vegas way overpaying to get rid of him. Doubt they would trade Tuch by the way.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas says no, loses your number and relocates to Houston just to be safe. No way is the deal near what’s proposed.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Clarkson
Miller
3rd

for

DeMelo

As an Ottawa fan, I’d make this deal. Not sure Vegas would though. I think a 2nd as a sweetener would be enough to move Clarkson’s contract. Vegas can likely get a 2nd in return for Miller in a separate deal.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Vegas offered teams a 5th rounder along with Clarkson to get rid of.. Then, found out no team would do that and now more likely going to add a player to get rid of him. Though, this trade wont happen based on Vegas way overpaying to get rid of him. Doubt they would trade Tuch by the way.

McPhee: Any GM wants a free 5th? You just have to take Clarkson contract...

GMs: No way, that's not enough at all!

McPhee: Yeah, you're right. I can add a little more. What about Colin Miller + Alex Tuch + 1st ?

*30 GMs jump on the phone*

Reactions: TheNewEra

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
When VGK hangs up the phone on you, do you go call up the Oilers and offer Ceci for McDavid and Lucic because you know they want to move the Lucic contract and need D help????

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

After Clarkson bonus is paid the Sens will gladly take Clarkson and a 5th for nothing... Melnyk is getting giddy at the thought of having that 5.0 cap hit without having to pay for it

Reactions: LV Knight Life

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
After Clarkson bonus is paid the Sens will gladly take Clarkson and a 5th for nothing... Melnyk is getting giddy at the thought of having that 5.0 cap hit without having to pay for it

Exactly. Vegas will give you a pick and it will be better than a 5th. I’m guessing a 3rd, maybe even a second.

What’s up with this asinine proposal in the OP? I thought Vegas and Ottawa worked well together. Vegas was the only team to offer Ottawa a decent return on Stone. I don’t think any other team was offering up an A+ prospect.

And wouldn’t it be negligent if Ottawa did not try to get an extra decent draft slot and take on this contract? I don’t think the Sens are in danger blowing past the cap like Vegas...might as well get a pick or prospect out of it.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Ok have fun being 10% of the salary cap when the season starts. GL
What? That trade offer is pretty asinine.

Miller has value, the 2020 1st still has a little more value than an OTT 2nd (assuming things stay the same where VGK make a deep run and OTT placing near the bottom of the league), Clarksons contract isn’t a true cap dump since it’s insured, and Tuch is the most valuable piece in this deal.

This is quite bad for VGK. Why trade so many assets just to rid themselves of cap- one of which is a core piece. They’ll find a way to offload Miller, Eakin, and maybe one of Holden or Reaves without doing something like this.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I'm not a fan of either team, but this is laughably bad. I don't think you had to explain why Ottawa does this. A 1st would get it done. Throwing in Tuch and Miller is insane. Lock this up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad