Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Alex Galchenyuk signs with the Senators (1 year, $1.05M)

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Agreed.. this isn't a playoff team... and its a pretty easy prediction in my eyes.. 10 goals 25 points...moves on after the season...done

more likely he paces for 40 points and fetches a 4th round pick at the deadline from a competitive team with injuries. But you keep going.

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
He's been playing in my roller league here in Phoenix...Just lost to his team 14-12 the other night. Lookin sharp for this season.

Reactions: topshelf15

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Good luck with that...LOL...

He's 26 and he's done? Not capable of a rebound? Until last season he was a consistent 40+ point player (with two 50 point seasons). What happened last season? Maybe he was injured. He had a down year. Every commentator/analyst around the continent says this is a good move for Ottawa. You're the only one that's acting like he's washed up. I don't get how you can be so certain.

Reactions: bert and qqaz

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He's 26 and he's done? Not capable of a rebound? Until last season he was a consistent 40+ point player (with two 50 point seasons). What happened last season? Maybe he was injured. He had a down year. Every commentator/analyst around the continent says this is a good move for Ottawa. You're the only one that's acting like he's washed up. I don't get how you can be so certain.

his username is literally jerkbait, you’re wasting your time dude.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Washed up? Nobody said that in those terms....20 goals 50 points though isn't happening. Just cause he gets 10 and 25 does that make him washed up??? Thats your tag you stuck on him , not me... iam merely pointing out the basic reality and that the inflated numbers some are expecting are a pipe dream..

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Good on him for getting the help he needs! So many players struggle with this yet never seek help.

Joins a pretty impressive list of NHLers and pro athletes with substance abuse issues. Hopefully he's put this past him by now like many others have and hopefully he can be the best person and player that he can be going forward.

For us in Ottawa we've seen it with Ryan, he came back and was a different player and different person. Bottom line for the Sens its a no risk deal so if ever anything happens you just waive him. Easy.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Washed up? Nobody said that in those terms....20 goals 50 points though isn't happening. Just cause he gets 10 and 25 does that make him washed up??? Thats your tag you stuck on him , not me... iam merely pointing out the basic reality and that the inflated numbers some are expecting are a pipe dream..

His average season and career paces are 19 goals and 48 points, there's nothing inflated there calling him a 40 point guy. The only one buttpulling numbers and being pedantic about it is you.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Good on him for getting the help he needs! So many players struggle with this yet never seek help.

Joins a pretty impressive list of NHLers and pro athletes with substance abuse issues. Hopefully he's put this past him by now like many others have and hopefully he can be the best person and player that he can be going forward.

For us in Ottawa we've seen it with Ryan, he came back and was a different player and different person. Bottom line for the Sens its a no risk deal so if ever anything happens you just waive him. Easy.

I have been ragging on Galchenyuk for years, but the two things I like the most about him are his hands and the fact that he went to rehab. I dont love him as a player but him getting help can only be seen as a positive.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
His average season and career paces are 19 goals and 48 points, there's nothing inflated there calling him a 40 point guy. The only one buttpulling numbers and being pedantic about it is you.
AG for the Richard trophy.....he has struggled since leaving Montreal and that where he played his best... he couldnt cut it on isolated weaker teams like Arizona..he couldnt it on a stronger pens team with malkin and sid.. couldnt cut in in minny... but iam sure he will be a star reborn csuse he a sen now... ..:laugh:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
AG for the Richard trophy.....he has struggled since leaving Montreal and that where he played his best... he couldnt cut it on isolated weaker teams like Arizona..he couldnt it on a stronger pens team with malkin and sid.. couldnt cut in in minny... but iam sure he will be a star reborn csuse he a sen now... ..:laugh:

Jerkbait

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
AG for the Richard trophy.... iam sure he will be a star reborn csuse he a sen now... ..:laugh:

Hey hypocrite.. you're doing the same thing. Who in this thread called him a star? Who said he would rebound with monster stats? Everyone is saying is that with a healthy amount of ice time (including lots of PP time) there's a decent chance he rebounds with 40 points.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Good signing.
With the salary he commands there is no risk at all. Can make make 40-50 points and if not can be buried. Whoever is complaining is just being dishonest.

Reactions: Altimus

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

If you were a dog, I'd have to put your nose in your posts to help you to learn.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

It's just sad because no one called him a star yet you're here inventing that just to create controversy so it's just odd and I don't really see the incentive to try to spark a conversation that's not even there.

You really haven't brought anything useful to the conversation so far, I'm guessing that's a representation of most of your posts. I always wonder why people like you waste their time posting useless stuff and basically create your own little story in your head and then trying to bait people to debate it with you. I guess sometimes it works but the fact that it makes you happy or that you find reward in that type of behavior is pretty sad in itself. In time people will learn not to engage with you considering you're omitting facts and just exaggerating everything to fit your own little narrative. We all grow up at one point, one day my friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheNewEra

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Hey hypocrite.. you're doing the same thing. Who in this thread called him a star? Who said he would rebound with monster stats? Everyone is saying is that with a healthy amount of ice time (including lots of PP time) there's a decent chance he rebounds with 40 points.
There is a very slim chance he even sniffs at 40 points however there is a incredibly high chance he comes in around 8 to 12 goals and about 20 to 25 points... exactly as I said...you can hope for more but the reality is thats a distant pipe dream. ... again when the season is over ill be suck to look you up and we can discuss the outcome..id suspect you will be harder to find....

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
There is a very slim chance he even sniffs at 40 points however there is a incredibly high chance he comes in around 8 to 12 goals and about 20 to 25 points... exactly as I said...you can hope for more but the reality is thats a distant pipe dream. ... again when the season is over ill be suck to look you up and we can discuss the outcome..id suspect you will be harder to find....

Looks like a really nice, no risk signing by the Sens! If AG can come in and put up his typical scoring rates of around 40+ points he'll be hugely beneficial to this team on the upswing!

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.

My issue is with the arrogance that you post. You post your opinion as if it is fact. You may be right about Galchenyuk, but how you can be so certain? Players have their values go up and down after each season. Players rebound and others have their value drop. You can make a prediction but all it is your amateur prediction. Maybe try being more humble when you post and not act like you're the smartest guy in the room.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
At one time there was so much promise and hope for Galchenyuk. Now the best he can do is a 1 yr contract for not much more than the league minimum. Sad.
Good signing for Ottawa. Maybe he'll surprise us all.... if not they can bury him in the minors with no penalty.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Not really sure who you're arguing with. Nobody has made a claim like that.

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
Definitely not a sens fan but this is a low risk signing. Wouldnt be at all shock to see him have a solid season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad