Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Alex Galchenyuk signs with the Senators (1 year, $1.05M)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think we have enough information to say it would be extremely lucky if other teams would give Galchenyuk a Vanek type value at the deadline another player who despite some good offensive numbers at some deadlines received little value.

Fair. What would have Duclair got at the last deadline is another good comparable

Reactions: TS Quint

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
He's 26 and he's done? Not capable of a rebound? Until last season he was a consistent 40+ point player (with two 50 point seasons). What happened last season? Maybe he was injured. He had a down year. Every commentator/analyst around the continent says this is a good move for Ottawa. You're the only one that's acting like he's washed up. I don't get how you can be so certain.
As a Habs fan who has seen him play a lot. In the defensive zone, I don't think he goes much by the circles or behind the net. He doesn't forecheck or backcheck. Rarely hits. He and Yakupov had a lot of warts in their games. Galchenyuk has a great shot but that is not enough. I don't know if his knee(s) are bothering him, but he's kinda slow.

Anyway... not that I dislike him, but he can get you goals but can cost you as many or more. There has been a lot about his dad being involved and how this has been detrimental. At least he's got a career. Hope he pans out... just not against the Habs.. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad