Other teams you are keeping an eye on this year?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Toronto, so people see how Dubas isn't a God like some are reporting.

I haven't seen many people label him as a "God". A little hyperbolic.

Also, teams aren't built in a year. The leafs have been pretty terrible for quite a while, I don't think they turn it around in a year, especially since they've made very little significant moves. If they don't succeed this year, I fail to see how this can attributed to Dubois considering how bad they have been for about a decade prior to his hiring. Seems like you've already set up the scenario for you to blame him.

In regards to the teams I'm particularly interested in:

1.Dallas
2. Red Wings
3. Tampa

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I haven't seen many people label him as a "God". A little hyperbolic.

Also, teams aren't built in a year. The leafs have been pretty terrible for quite a while, I don't think they turn it around in a year, especially since they've made very little significant moves. If they don't succeed this year, I fail to see how this can attributed to Dubois considering how bad they have been for about a decade prior to his hiring. Seems like you've already set up the scenario for you to blame him.

In regards to the teams I'm particularly interested in:

1.Dallas
2. Red Wings
3. Tampa

If you've read Toronto media this summer, you'd know how they already have him pegged as the next big thing as an NHL GM.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'm interested to see how tampa does, specifically whether Bishop can hold it together back there ( I have no idea right now, he could be great or bust)

Normally I'm a east coast guy but the two teams I'm looking forward to seeing more of are

1) St-louis: will they EVER turn the corner or do they start falling despite never
reaching the goals that seemed oh so close ?

2) Calgary : I have no idea what the hell Burkie is doing out there, are they really
going to tank to increase their chances of a draft pick ? That team
has, even moreso than the former toronto, an absolute excess of pugnacity.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Florida, with
Gallant as a head coach,
Rookie year for the Aaron Ekblad, 2014 1st overall pick... Calder trophy candidate, next great d-man in the NHL?
Barkov and Huberdeau working their magic.
The Panthers are a bubble team for me in the Atlantic Division.

Also, I'll be keeping an eye on Tampa's power play with Drouin feeding Stamkos.

1-Philly : I like the Flyers. Giroux is awsome, their GMs are usually risk-takers, their uniform is orange, they have huge rivalries with 2 teams I hate (Pens and Rags).

2-Dallas : I'm so glad they robbed the Ruins of Seguin. And I love Nuke, since even before the WJC (wanted to trade Eller+ to move up and draft him).

3-The Canucks. They're going to have to rebuild, or at least retool, and it's exciting. They just traded Kesler. The Sedins are old. Burrows too. Miller too. I'm intrigued, which direction will they take ? I used to think their forwards were so slow, for a contender. I think they'll bomb and have a fire sale. I'm looking forward to it. Buffalo West !

Those are my other 3 teams.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Minnesota is building quite a team with superstars and so many huge prospects with talent. They may have the biggest team in hockey within 3 yrs., teams that want to win the SC will need to have a great mix like most SC Contenders have. Pretty soon there won't be any teams with an Avg. Hgt. of 6'0 or more, there may not be any now actually, haven't checked but it's a very good possibility already.:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad