Other Teams Maybe

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Utica for sure, riding high now with a great team but if they had the same teams Albany has had those hockey smart fans wouldnt bother to support. If Vancouver bails on Upstate NY Utica would be a good market. Strong AA market in an ever shifting developmental ECHL team. I think Albany is going to someday land the Rangers AHL team. If that happens Albany would become a much stronger AHL city. Elmira, Glens Falls, Utica, Binghamton, Manchester, Worcester, would make one heck of a strong ECHL northeast pressence. Heard even Lowell wants to be out Worcester for a Bruins ECHL club.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Lol didn't Vermont have an FHL team?

Not in Burlington (states largest city), but almost forty minutes away in a small town playing out of a rec rink. The FHL team was supposed to be located at Jay Peak playing out of the Ice Haus arena lol but relocated to Morrisville VT I believe.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
Memphis had a good thing going for a long time in the CHL, would they ever be able to jump into the ECHL or are they probably going to be SPHL for the foreseeable future?

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Memphis had a good thing going for a long time in the CHL, would they ever be able to jump into the ECHL or are they probably going to be SPHL for the foreseeable future?

The Mississippi RiverKings (who represent the Memphis area) only averaged 2500 per game this year. Highly doubt they do that much better in the E.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
One day Peoria will be back in, although it doesn't look like they're jumping up this year. After that my other list of cities I've mentioned in other threads contains: Houston, New Orleans, Sacremento, Worcester, Oklahoma City. Now some of those cities (Houston, NO, Sacremento) either need viable arenas, or would need to work out deals with local NBA ownership groups. So really for now the only likely additions on my list are OKC, Worcester, and Peoria

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
One day Peoria will be back in, although it doesn't look like they're jumping up this year. After that my other list of cities I've mentioned in other threads contains: Houston, New Orleans, Sacremento, Worcester, Oklahoma City. Now some of those cities (Houston, NO, Sacremento) either need viable arenas, or would need to work out deals with local NBA ownership groups. So really for now the only likely additions on my list are OKC, Worcester, and Peoria

OKC LIKELY won't see pro hockey again md 80, AND NO, the Barons/Blazers didn't have any connection with the Thunder, hence why there were 2 arenas there because there likely won't be any deal between any successors to Prodigal and the Thunder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad