OT: Other Sports aka BRONCOS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!! BRONCOS OFFSEASON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

Talk about PEYTON here
Talk about Gerardo Parra here
Talk about Michael Malone's beautiful shaped head here
Talk about CU possibly getting Davis Webb and praying they get Craig Watts Jr back here
Talk about CSU losing Higgins here

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Winnipeg Jets fan from Winnipeg coming in peace just to wish my favorite football team good luck . Been a Bronco fan since Elway got traded there , i know a long long time . Hope Manning can find his game and get you guys another Super Bowl !! Go Broncos Go !!

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Winnipeg Jets fan from Winnipeg coming in peace just to wish my favorite football team good luck . Been a Bronco fan since Elway got traded there , i know a long long time . Hope Manning can find his game and get you guys another Super Bowl !! Go Broncos Go !!

I'm a Blue Bombers fan in Denver, so we've got some symmetry. I started following them in the 90s when CFL games started becoming more common on American TV. I don't have any personal connection to Winnipeg or any Canadian city, but I love sports and it's more fun when you have a team to follow. So I chose the Bombers because I like their name and color scheme better than any other CFL team.

Anyway, go Broncos!

also, hopefully the Nuggets can build off their huge win against the Warriors tonight. The Heat are in town.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
10 mil for like 4 starts?

He's going to start somewhere. Check out the AAV for starting QBs not on rookie contracts (Brady is obviously an outlier):

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

It's kind of dicey because he's had some success in the time he played and he'll be seeking a starter contract (if the Broncos don't give him one, someone will). But, he's still frankly quite unproven. I think he'll be back if his asking price isn't too high. They could also sign him to a creatively structured contract that allows the Broncos to cut him without much of a cap penalty after two seasons or so if he flames out.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I'm already considering Manning and Ware gone. Clady...I just dunno. I could see him restructuring to stay but I wouldn't count on it.
He's had multiple season ending injuries lately and in between those injuries he has not looked like the same player from 4-5 years ago. They absolutely can't keep him for his current cap number.

Colquitt, Manning, Clady, Mathis, Harris, Ware, Caldwell, Daniels, Davis, possibly Vasquez. All need to be cut, restructured, or not re-signed. If all of that happens they could have enough to keep the defense mostly intact, depending on what they do at QB and whether they address the line via draft or free agency. The free agency route didn't work at all this year.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nikola Jokic is the best passing big man I've seen since Pau Gasol in his prime.

He's a seven foot rookie and some of the passes he's made tonight looked like they came from a ten year veteran point guard.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
He's had multiple season ending injuries lately and in between those injuries he has not looked like the same player from 4-5 years ago. They absolutely can't keep him for his current cap number.

Colquitt, Manning, Clady, Mathis, Harris, Ware, Caldwell, Daniels, Davis, possibly Vasquez. All need to be cut, restructured, or not re-signed. If all of that happens they could have enough to keep the defense mostly intact, depending on what they do at QB and whether they address the line via draft or free agency. The free agency route didn't work at all this year.

Michael Schofield is a draft pick... your plan is basically penciling him in for another year. Good luck keeping any QB they pay with those cap savings healthy for the entirety of it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'd create the most competitive OL training camp I could - that involves re-signing some of those guys. I definitely think Harris has been doing all thats been asked of him and more.

I think we will lose Malik, but I think he'll get a lot of dough - good for him. I really like him as a player.

I really hope we can re-sign Brock, only because the franchise tag really needs to be used on Miller.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Schofield is a fish out of water. He's a guy that should be a reserve guard but he's starting at tackle. He can't deal with speed rushers. But assuming all young guys are going to play like he has this year is ridiculous. Garcia, Sambrailo, and Paradis all look(ed) much better and this is their first years starting as well.

And Ryan Harris is absolutely terrible. He may not even make an NFL roster next year. Mathis retired in the offseason and forgot to tell the Broncos. Vasquez is either more injured than we thought or both losing a step and a poor fit for this offense.

They have to sign 2-3 veterans and draft 2-3 guys for the offensive line. That's what I meant when I said to see what they do about the line.

Garcia, Sambrailo, and Paradis should be the only linemen back next year unless Vasquez takes less money to stay.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Paradis is good, Garcia is great at the run and horrible in pass protection, and Sambraillo is still risky and probably a RT at best.

That means you're still out a LT, and possibly 1-2 guards. Cutting Harris and Clady don't solve the problem - you still then have to go out and pay market money for a LT. They don't come cheap.

I could see the Broncos keeping a lot of these guys until they have adequate replacements for them. Maybe Vasquez and Harris and others don't play for us in 2016/2017 but I think they make it into training camp at the very least.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
You can't say Sambrailo is a right tackle at best. He was drafted to be the long term left tackle here, but he was supposed to play right tackle this year while he developed.

At no point this season did Sambrailo look worse than Harris, Schofield, or Polumbus. Even when he was finishing that game with the torn up shoulder. And those were the first three games of his career. He blew some assignments but he's way more talented than any tackle on the team, unless Ryan Clady comes back 7 years younger.

A below average free agent right tackle will be an upgrade over Harris.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'd talk to Hue Jackson about trading Joe Thomas and if Kevin Mack opts out of his deal there talk to him.

It would be worth approaching Eric Weddle to see if he'd take a Neil Smith/Wes Welker type spite contract.

Good news is Brandon Marshall, CJ Anderson and Brandon McManus are restricted.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm a Blue Bombers fan in Denver, so we've got some symmetry. I started following them in the 90s when CFL games started becoming more common on American TV. I don't have any personal connection to Winnipeg or any Canadian city, but I love sports and it's more fun when you have a team to follow. So I chose the Bombers because I like their name and color scheme better than any other CFL team.

Anyway, go Broncos!

also, hopefully the Nuggets can build off their huge win against the Warriors tonight. The Heat are in town.
WOW , you likethe Bombers ? They have been very bad for the last 5 seasons , hopefully they are better this year :shakehead I plan on going to Denver very soon to see a game # Bucket list:laugh:
I am hoping i could time it with the Jets and avalanche , anyway i'll be watching and cheering on sunday for our Broncos then they can beat down Brady and the Pats and win the Super Bowl by absolutely destroying the Seahawks :yo::handclap:

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I'd talk to Hue Jackson about trading Joe Thomas and if Kevin Mack opts out of his deal there talk to him.

Joe Thomas did express some frustration after the latest Browns house cleaning. Though Hue Jackson was one of the hotter coaching prospects and rather surprisingly accepted the Cleveland job before interviewing with other teams like the Giants. I'm thinking being an offensive coach he'd want to keep Thomas, but regardless Elway should revisit.

Getting good tackles who can play as rookies and off the free agent heap ain't exactly like running to the grocery store to buy milk. Fixing the O-line will not be an easy proposition and I guarantee Elway knows this which is why restructuring Clady, unless a Thomas like trade can be worked out, will be a far higher priority than cutting him.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah I think Hue is going to keep Joe Thomas, unless they both don't get along.

A few free agents I would be interested in, not in any order. I think TE needs a vet, OT needs a starter, and DT/ILB could be areas to address depending on Trevathan/Malik leaving. I also firmly believe we need to get an athletic FB once Peyton is out the door (can probably pick up in draft)

TE Ladarius Green
TE Jermaine Gresham
TE Coby Fleener
OT Russell Okung (he's going to cost big, but looking like Seattle won't retain him)
OT Cordy Glenn (probably will be franchised though)
OT Donald Penn (same as Cordy)
OT Joseph Barksdale - would come cheaper than these other guys, and I like he's only 27
DL - Akiem Nicks - would really like see him come in, but I doubt NE lets him go
DL - BJ Raji - just have always liked Raji. Could plug the middle effectively
ILB - Rolando McLain - Would nicely replace Trevathan if he left

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
b7dcbe0bc91f55c43026fd85fe5af911.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad