OT: Other Sports 82

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Durant organizing another palace coup against yet another coach

Durant is cancer to every organization he goes to. The Warriors were winners before he arrived and winners after he arrived.

Everywhere else he goes and gets "Control" turns into shitshow

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Pez68

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
1714594228737.png

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I knew they were in trouble when they didn't push another run across in the top half of that inning. This team is barely hanging on to their record and are lucky to even be where they are at. To props to them for keeping it together, but they really need some of their dudes back. And a better bullpen.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I knew they were in trouble when they didn't push another run across in the top half of that inning. This team is barely hanging on to their record and are lucky to even be where they are at. To props to them for keeping it together, but they really need some of their dudes back. And a better bullpen.
Steele/Wicks/Suzuki/Merriweather/Bellinger/Smyly/ on the IL.

Swanson/Happ/Mervis/Busch/Morel are either struggling or sucks.

What I am saying is that are neither fully healthy or playing their best ball. So for them to be where they are at currently......give Counsell the MOTY award. Grind it out until reinforcements come.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The bullpen was an issue coming into the year. They went cheap. It's showing.
Bullpens are violatile. I remember the Nats had a crappy bullpen and they pretty much turn the whole bullpen over during the season and they went on to win the World Series. Right now, I think the Cubs have a lot of guys pitching out of their comfort zone (for example, Neris as closer) Once everybody gets healthy and settled into their roles, I think the bullpen will be ok. It's just tough to watch right now.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Bullpens are violatile. I remember the Nats had a crappy bullpen and they pretty much turn the whole bullpen over during the season and they went on to win the World Series. Right now, I think the Cubs have a lot of guys pitching out of their comfort zone (for example, Neris as closer) Once everybody gets healthy and settled into their roles, I think the bullpen will be ok. It's just tough to watch right now.

This is my long-term hope as well. But I think they need to go get some more bullpen help too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad