OT: Other Sports 82

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
View attachment 748510

Not only that, but the journalist from the Athletic wrote a story saying that he fractured her skull, all while having the girls medical records showing that to be false.

This whole thing.. just morally bankrupt people. Her AA sponsor, her friends. All of these people knew.

It really makes me distrust everything. Which is the entire point of why this is so wrong. Why you screw over actual victims.

Same shit happened to Kane. That stupid f*** Julie DiCaro.

And yes, what this girl did to Bauer is a direct cause for why real victims don't come forward.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Friendly reminder that both he could have been set up and he could have sexually assaulted her. The court saying they have no findings doesn’t prove it didn’t happen. And Trevor Bauer is still the asshole he was before and after this.

My personal thoughts. No matter what happened, this gives the already poor regard of women speaking up about sexual assaults or any kind of non-consensual acts. So many women, and men, experience this kinda of trauma in their lives. 1 out of every 6 woman in America is sexually assaulted. It saddens me to imagine how much of an impact it really is. It’s also sad that the most public and mainstream media allegations are the extremely murky ones like Bauers. All I hope for is that people can be on the helpful side of such history. Advocating and standing up for women’s protection. Teaching our sons how to respect women (which I believe fathers in this discord have done a good job of from my understanding). I wish I could say it’s a happy moment that some of this truth has come out, but I don’t think any of us should feel good about anything about this Bauer situation. And yes, this hits close to home for me.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Sounds like the Cubs are going to pursue a trade for Pete Alonso. As long as PCA, Horton and Shaw are not part of the trade, I'm cool with Alonso.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Friendly reminder that both he could have been set up and he could have sexually assaulted her. The court saying they have no findings doesn’t prove it didn’t happen. And Trevor Bauer is still the asshole he was before and after this.

My personal thoughts. No matter what happened, this gives the already poor regard of women speaking up about sexual assaults or any kind of non-consensual acts. So many women, and men, experience this kinda of trauma in their lives. 1 out of every 6 woman in America is sexually assaulted. It saddens me to imagine how much of an impact it really is. It’s also sad that the most public and mainstream media allegations are the extremely murky ones like Bauers. All I hope for is that people can be on the helpful side of such history. Advocating and standing up for women’s protection. Teaching our sons how to respect women (which I believe fathers in this discord have done a good job of from my understanding). I wish I could say it’s a happy moment that some of this truth has come out, but I don’t think any of us should feel good about anything about this Bauer situation. And yes, this hits close to home for me.

While true, I don't think that's the case in this situation. The texts he released, and the video of her in the bed... yeah, I don't believe that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sounds like the Cubs are going to pursue a trade for Pete Alonso. As long as PCA, Horton and Shaw are not part of the trade, I'm cool with Alonso.

The new Mets GM inferred yesterday that he wasn't trading Alonso in press conference.

Doubt he wants to piss of Met fans by going back on that and poisoning the goodwill/grace period he is getting from them

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Did you even read the information out there on this? It was a f***ing setup from the start. A setup where multiple people KNEW what she was doing. No, I don't believe he sexually assaulted her at all. I believe she's an absolute piece of shit.

Reactions: Space umpire

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Did you even read the information out there on this? It was a f***ing setup from the start. A setup where multiple people KNEW what she was doing. No, I don't believe he sexually assaulted her at all. I believe she's an absolute piece of shit.

I read the entire report from her and him. Did she set him up? 100%. Is he a sick f***? 100%. Neither of them were in the right.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I read the entire report from her and him. Did she set him up? 100%. Is he a sick f***? 100%. Neither of them were in the right.
I find it very hard to believe in this particular situation/case that he paid her zero dollars, retained his right to speak on it after, and faced no criminal charges, while doing anything to this girl. That doesn't even take into account all the other information about texts and videos she took. Lets use our head here.

I feel like people will never walk back their opinions. Dude got f***ed in this situation. What does him being an asshole have anything to do with what we are talking about in this particular case. This girl just lied through her teeth/formed a plan to f*** an athlete with millions. Why would we give her any benefit of the doubt? No chance.

How are "none of them" in the right?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm not sure how you can put any blame on him in a situation where a girl literally plotted and schemed to take him for millions, while simultaneously contributing to ruining his reputation. Asshole or not, people don't deserve shit like that just because they're successful. As @Pez68 said. She's a gigantic piece of shit. Not only did she do what she did, but she also reinforced an already enormous problem of women who actually WERE sexually assaulted not coming forward.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

What, exactly, did he do wrong in this situation? With how this played out, he's 100% been exonerated. Because things don't play out the way they did, without that being the case. Him being an asshole has nothing to do with this case.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I also want to be clear that I am only talking about this specific case. He has other cases opened against him that I know nothing about. I won't absolve him from wrongdoing in those cases. But I also won't call him names because I don't know the outcome in those cases.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Re: White Sox

Attachments

• 81bjfd.jpg
    81bjfd.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 4

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The new Mets GM inferred yesterday that he wasn't trading Alonso in press conference.

Doubt he wants to piss of Met fans by going back on that and poisoning the goodwill/grace period he is getting from them
I’ll just say, I expect Pete to be the Opening Day first baseman next year. {/QUOTE}

Sterns did not say, Alonso will be the OD first baseman, he simply said he "Expects". To me...expect opens the door to a possibly Alonso trade.

Idk if the Cubs will trade for him (and it sounds like Alonso actually wants to come to the cubs) but I'm ready for some hot stove. I don't mind a trade and/or an extension for Alonso but the Cubs needs to be mindful that slugging first basemen DO NOT AGE WELL (seeing Pujols, Cabrera, Votto, Thome, F. Thomas, etc, etc). If you trade for Alonso and can get him to do a 5 year deal, I would be ok with that deal but if Alonso could be had for 5 years, Mets would have already extended him

Last edited:

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
What, exactly, did he do wrong in this situation? With how this played out, he's 100% been exonerated. Because things don't play out the way they did, without that being the case. Him being an asshole has nothing to do with this case.
Agree. While on a grand jury for 3 months we had several cases where men/husbands/boyfriends allegedly assaulted women and were similar situations to this. One of the attorneys said these kinds of things are skyrocketing these days - because people can manipulate emails, photos, evidence, and 99.9% of the time the media or social media judges the male before 1% of the facts are in.

And like others said the real evil is that it will discount women who really have been assaulted.

Mikitastan

Nov 22, 2021
All the nonsense Brewer fans were talking lol. Goodbye. Grab your clubs and join the Cubs.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

I've said before that I really need Illinois basketball to be good this year to make up for the Cubs choking, Hawks likely only being good for prospect watching, and Illini football, Bears, and Bulls all being mediocre or worse. Starting out ranked is a solid start on that front.

Reactions: Illinihockey

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

I've said before that I really need Illinois basketball to be good this year to make up for the Cubs choking, Hawks likely only being good for prospect watching, and Illini football, Bears, and Bulls all being mediocre or worse. Starting out ranked is a solid start on that front.

Unfortunately they were ranked higher to start last year and had a massively blah season. I mean, it beats most of the Groce seasons, but expectations are also a little higher right now given the talent they've been able to bring in.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Sure, but their overall trajectory has improved. Hopefully only a matter of time before a roster gets recruited that's both hyped and ends up being worthy of the hype once March arrives.

Illini hypothetically winning March Madness is honestly on the same pedestal for me as the Cubs World Series and the Hawks Cups. Those are my prohibitive three favorite teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad