Not open for further replies.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Meh

He has been pretty terrible hitter for like 5-6 years now

Still a solid defender but meh

Won't hurt to have him on roster to finish out year most likely but I wouldn't expect much from him at this point

His wRC+ this season is 120% better than Leury.

No, he's not the player he was in his in prime, but he's still a better option that what they have.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The White Sox LOL….

What a joke this organization is.

“Look out guys we had a team meeting and as it turns out we were just being too cocky and now we’re gonna start taking things seriously, that’s why we’re winning now. And Cueto lit a fire. Look out!”

LOLOLOLOL

Sox are a disgrace. Plz fire everybody and somehow get new ownership.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
If you can watch how the sox have hit this year and not see how bad their approach and coaching staff is, i envy you. Its remarkable how many baserunners it takes for them to score runs and a testament to how bad menechino is at his job. At one point, they and the astros both had 18 bb+h and they were losing by 9 runs!

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
If you can watch how the sox have hit this year and not see how bad their approach and coaching staff is, i envy you. Its remarkable how many baserunners it takes for them to score runs and a testament to how bad menechino is at his job. At one point, they and the astros both had 18 bb+h and they were losing by 9 runs!

Astros have superior talent throughout the lineup too. That coupled with the poor coaching/approach = complete disaster.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Astros have superior talent throughout the lineup too. That coupled with the poor coaching/approach = complete disaster.

With terrible coaching/approach, you have no idea what kind of talent you have in the lineup. This lineup can go toe-to-toe with pretty much any in baseball, IMO. They're just being coached to play a style of ball that hasn't existed in 20 years.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
21-5...Beyond himiliation...forever goes down in the annals as The August 18th Massacre.

Surrender...futility...incompetence all under the watch of Mr Snooze-off,TLR ..

Houston makes a statement...Contender vs.Pretender...

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
With terrible coaching/approach, you have no idea what kind of talent you have in the lineup. This lineup can go toe-to-toe with pretty much any in baseball, IMO. They're just being coached to play a style of ball that hasn't existed in 20 years.
In the Sox's case, we've got a pretty good idea. Coaching is part of the problem, talent is another. They have some talent, it just isn't nearly as good as the hype has been the last two years. They continue to struggle in embarrassing fashion against the legitimate contenders (25-34 now vs teams above .500) and their basic fundamentals continue to be awful.

They can't manufacture runs or do the little things. They keep making the same mistakes over and over. They're 27th in the league in fielding and errors, and frankly if they haven't figured this stuff out now no amount of coaching will change anything. They're just a mess.

Reactions: Krivo25

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

When you see guys like Eloy and AV fail to make routine plays in the OF how is that coaching?

And those are supposed to be 2 of our best/most talented young pieces….

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
When you see guys like Eloy and AV fail to make routine plays in the OF how is that coaching?

And those are supposed to be 2 of our best/most talented young pieces….

The discussion was about offense, not defense. Wtf are you talking about routine plays in the field for? My comments were geared towards what was actually being discussed... the plate approach/hitting by this lineup.

And Vaughn isn't an outfielder... terrible coaching has tried to jam square pegs into rounds holes.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Oh BS

Hahn would have gone elsewhere if not given control he was supposedly "Highly regarded" around MLB and one of the reasons he was promoted was because Sox didn't want to lose him

KW golfs, Represents Jerry at various events he can't attend with regard to franchise functions and and does little else nowadays

It's been very apparent for several years that Hahn is fully in control

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Oh BS

Hahn would have gone elsewhere if not given control he was supposedly "Highly regarded" around MLB and one of the reasons he was promoted was because Sox didn't want to lose him

KW golfs, Represents Jerry at various events he can't attend with regard to franchise functions and and does little else nowadays

It's been very apparent for several years that Hahn is fully in control

Agree to disagree.

If Hahn were in control, this team would have acquired things they actually needed this past offseason.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Because without spending to bring in the pieces they really need, like another TOR guy, and a RF, they aren't going to be any more than a playoff team, and never a true AL contender.

Reactions: IU Hawks fan

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I swear, it's the same conversation every week 🤣

This isn't that hard guys. Jerry sets the budget for the season. There's no guarantee that budget will be there in years to come (I've already seen rumors they'll need to lower payroll without a playoff appearance).

Hahn operates within that budget - that's not TOTAL control in the slightest. That's what leads to all the stopgap measures: Pollock, Harrison, VV, Cueto, the pen...

Reactions: ChiHawks10

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Vaughn isn't an outfielder. How do you continue to miss this?
Lol EXACTLY MY POINT

We have a flawed roster with too many DHs.

What did I miss???

Vaughn isn't an OF, he's a 1b/dh who's in the OF because hahn stinks.

Yup. Too many DHs playing out of position. And that’s not on TLR. It’s the way the roster is constructed. Poor defense everywhere u look with a few exceptions.

“Continue” to miss? Lol wtf are u(meaning Pezz) talking about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad