Other Chicago Sports LXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Fulmer finally looked like an MLB reliever, and then he gets hurt. Meanwhile, Covey and Engel continue to have an infinite number of lives. I guess we Sox fans will know the rebuild is over when both are DFA.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I'd like to see Trout in the postseason, but I wonder if pitchers would pitch to him at all.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Sos fans, do you think Robsrt has the tools to be really especial? His scouting report mentions 30 HR/30 SB ability with potentially good defense & a strong arm. Bobby Bonds light? He has raked at A+, AA, & now AAA. September cup off coffee?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Sos fans, do you think Robsrt has the tools to be really especial? His scouting report mentions 30 HR/30 SB ability with potentially good defense & a strong arm. Bobby Bonds light? He has raked at A+, AA, & now AAA. September cup off coffee?

He definitely has the tools to be one of the best players in baseball. We just have to wait and see how he does once he gets up here.

I think they're going to handle him how they handled Eloy a year ago. Unless he signs a longterm extension, he wont see Chicago until a few weeks in to next season for service time reasons.

Malagahawks

Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
He definitely has the tools to be one of the best players in baseball. We just have to wait and see how he does once he gets up here.

I think they're going to handle him how they handled Eloy a year ago. Unless he signs a longterm extension, he wont see Chicago until a few weeks in to next season for service time reasons.

The MLBPA is up in arms about the service time manipulation. It will be interesting to see what happens in Robert's case.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The MLBPA is up in arms about the service time manipulation. It will be interesting to see what happens in Robert's case.

That he hasn't been promoted yet is probably showing the Sox intentions already. Robert is different than Eloy in that he has already been paid $25 mil or whatever, so he doesn't have the 'lifetime security' incentive to sign a longterm deal like Eloy had.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
That he hasn't been promoted yet is probably showing the Sox intentions already. Robert is different than Eloy in that he has already been paid $25 mil or whatever, so he doesn't have the 'lifetime security' incentive to sign a longterm deal like Eloy had.
What can the MLBPA do? Until the next CBA, I'm not promoting Robert or Madrigal until the last week of April 2020. It sucks for the players, but the MLBPA agreed to the CBA. That said, MLB players make a ton of money ... more than any professional athlete, even the NBA.

I'm also not promoting Vaughn until the last week of April 2021.

The core of Robert, Eloy, Yoan, Anderson, Madrigal, and Vaughn for years to come should sound good for many ChiSox fans.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Cubs play a lot of division opponents in the last month...

7 of the last 10 games are against St. Louis...

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
What can the MLBPA do? Until the next CBA, I'm not promoting Robert or Madrigal until the last week of April 2020. It sucks for the players, but the MLBPA agreed to the CBA. That said, MLB players make a ton of money ... more than any professional athlete, even the NBA.

I'm also not promoting Vaughn until the last week of April 2021.

The core of Robert, Eloy, Yoan, Anderson, Madrigal, and Vaughn for years to come should sound good for many ChiSox fans.

The MLBPA will pipe up a bit about it. But in the end, they're going to protect their existing members more than their future members 99 times out of 100. But I do expect changes to come when the next CBA comes up.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The MLBPA will pipe up a bit about it. But in the end, they're going to protect their existing members more than their future members 99 times out of 100. But I do expect changes to come when the next CBA comes up.
Yes ... changes will happen in the next CBA because the agents help run the MLBPA. The agents want to get paid too. The MLBPA are no angels. They are just as greedy as the owners.

Reactions: Sarava

Malagahawks

Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
JHey has becom my favorite Cub. He just comes to play everday. Oh and that D has been just as good in CF. Both Fangraphs & BB Ref have him at just under 2 WAR. That is total BS as he should be closer to 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad