OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LII: Sox trade Quintana to the Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Would love to see LeFlop get swept.

And I don't wanna hear anybody compare him to Jordan ever again.

Last edited:

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Would love to see LeFlop get swept.

And I don't wanna hear anybody compare him to Jordan ever again.

Anyone comparing him to Jordan is too young to remember Jordan and see him play and dominate. Jordan stayed and a team was built around him. He didn't pull a Lebron and run to where the team would be stacked. To me that diminishes his accomplishments in regards to rings.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Anyone comparing him to Jordan is too young to remember Jordan and see him play and dominate. Jordan stayed and a team was built around him. He didn't pull a Lebron and run to where the team would be stacked. To me that diminishes his accomplishments in regards to rings.

Not fair. Jordan had hof teammates, and a hof coach. The original cavs team that LeBron took to the finals had no one other than LeBron. Jordan is the best non-center of all time, but LeBron is right behind him.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Not fair. Jordan had hof teammates, and a hof coach. The original cavs team that LeBron took to the finals had no one other than LeBron. Jordan is the best non-center of all time, but LeBron is right behind him.

Totally fair. As I stated, Jordan did not bolt to get a championship. He stayed for a building of a dynasty. Not penalizing him for that while commending Lebron for bailing just to get a championship while they were trying to build around him. Unfortunately that is not how the NBA is operated now. But I commend Jordan for it as well as taking a couple of his prime years away to play baseball. GOAT to me. You can have your opinion.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Totally fair. As I stated, Jordan did not bolt to get a championship. He stayed for a building of a dynasty. Not penalizing him for that while commending Lebron for bailing just to get a championship while they were trying to build around him. Unfortunately that is not how the NBA is operated now. But I commend Jordan for it as well as taking a couple of his prime years away to play baseball. GOAT to me. You can have your opinion.

I think Jordan>LeBron, but I don't know how the bolded can be a plus in the Jordan column. You get credit for what you did not what you didn't but might have done.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

That makes no sense. Why would Jordan leave with a Hall of Famer on his team?

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Every single Jordan/LeBron conversation has to account for the vast differences in both the rules and style of each eras game. They were both the perfect fit for their era and the style of play.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Probably a lot of ND football fans in Chicago given the proximity.

I think NBC in secret wants Nashville to win the Cup final. Here's why:

Pens win Cup in 2009, ND subsequently starts 6-2, loses final four games and sits out bowl season

Pens win Cup seven years later, ND subsequently finishes 4-8

Notre Dame's home football games have been on NBC since 1991, and I think NBC has not been satisfied with their performance since the partnership began - in 1991, ND was only three years removed from their last national title. The drought has since extended to 28 years. I would think that if no national title comes by the end of the current extension NBC would drop the Irish from their line-up. I think NBC was less than pleased when plans were in place to keep Brian Kelly even after last year's disastrous season and so I thought NBC should have responded by putting all of ND's home games on the NBCSN cable channel to start in order to minimize ratings damage, then if ND started out well games could be put back on the main NBC channel.

So I feel if the Pens win the Cup again, ND is sentenced to another non-bowl season.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Probably a lot of ND football fans in Chicago given the proximity.

I think NBC in secret wants Nashville to win the Cup final. Here's why:

Pens win Cup in 2009, ND subsequently starts 6-2, loses final four games and sits out bowl season

Pens win Cup seven years later, ND subsequently finishes 4-8

Notre Dame's home football games have been on NBC since 1991, and I think NBC has not been satisfied with their performance since the partnership began - in 1991, ND was only three years removed from their last national title. The drought has since extended to 28 years. I would think that if no national title comes by the end of the current extension NBC would drop the Irish from their line-up. I think NBC was less than pleased when plans were in place to keep Brian Kelly even after last year's disastrous season and so I thought NBC should have responded by putting all of ND's home games on the NBCSN cable channel to start in order to minimize ratings damage, then if ND started out well games could be put back on the main NBC channel.

So I feel if the Pens win the Cup again, ND is sentenced to another non-bowl season.

:huh:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
There's a very good chance, depending on graduations, that Eloy is the top prospect in all of baseball next season.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
It really is nice. The Cubs just need him to be decent on offense - they don't even need him to be great. And then the defense has always been consistently amazing.

Hard to believe his wRC is only 88 right now, would've thought it was higher.

For reference he ended up with a 72 last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad