OT: Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LI: Sox get Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Too good to be 72-90? That would be a 6 game drop from the team that had Sale and Eaton last year.

Anything is possible in baseball, but this team has some giant size holes, and some of these guys will be moved out the first time Hahn get a decent offer. The players who have a good season and push the team to more wins, those will probably be the first guys to go.

Now, do I think they have much chance to contend for the #1 pick? No, not where we are now. Need several trades for that to be possible. And in any event, the Padres might be tough to top for that no matter what they do.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
And the title game will feature Gonzaga and North Carolina. Carolina almost blew the lead down the stretch, and I think Oregon was actually the one who executed worse.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Can't wait to see the youth movement for my Sox. Having no expectations whatsoever while getting the chance to see what Moncada, Anderson, Rodon, Giolito, Lopez, etc will bring at the next level is pretty exciting.

And to think we'll probably get another huge return for Quintana is another plus when talking about our rebuild.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Can't wait to see the youth movement for my Sox. Having no expectations whatsoever while getting the chance to see what Moncada, Anderson, Rodon, Giolito, Lopez, etc will bring at the next level is pretty exciting.

And to think we'll probably get another huge return for Quintana is another plus when talking about our rebuild.

The next thing is to sign Luis Robert, the Cuban soon to be free agent. The Sox are dumping salary at the ML level, so they just need to pay whatever the hell it takes to get him. Even if it's Moncada money. Open up the wallet Mr. Reinsdorf. I saw one anonymous scout even called him the best baseball player on the planet. Surely an exaggeration when there's guys like Trout and Bryant out there and he hasn't played professionally, but the kid seems to have sky high potential He's blazing fast and seems to have huge power.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Robert is really good, but he isn't even the best player outside of the MLB. Not that it's a low bar or anything. Hell, it's ridiculously high.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I don't like holding onto Q

If he gets injured his value will plummet

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
The same thing applies to the prospects you get. Saying that is a good way to get yourself into an awful situation.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
No I agree, his hands look lower but the hitch is still there. Molina is so overrated now. Can't believe they paid him that.

MurrayBannerman

Feb 18, 2012
CHI
His back foot is stuck in cement. Looked good in BP, but fell back to old problems. Can't get his body through his swing that way.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Gives me a headache just watching stuff like this. Can't throw to bases. Has almost a whole run higher ERA w/o Ross. It's annoying.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I don't like holding onto Q

If he gets injured his value will plummet

I don't think they have much choice. The market apparently is tapped for teams that have great prospects and are willing to move them. That stuff will all reset over the next month or two. Hopefully Q stays healthy and has a great year. It feels like he will, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad