OT Thread XV: Too Deep For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

I took a global issues course my Senior year. It is absolutely amazing how daft and ignorant some of these people are.

I've witnessed things such as 7 or 8 different kids struggling to locate the U.K. on a map
and amazement that there was a genocide in Rwanda

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Wikipedia is one of my favorite sites, and if they were to charge people to buy a subscription, I would get it instantly.

You could check one thing to learn about. If something sounds too unbelievable, check if it has a source and go to the source's website or whatever to make sure.

One great thing about it is that while you check one thing, there's a link that takes you to another Wiki page and you learn about that and when you're done, go back to finish off what you went there for. You could learn more than you wanted to by seeing their links.

I always laugh when professors say not to use Wikipedia as a source. Do students really just cite "Wikipedia" as a source? Just click the damn source link.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I took a global issues course my Senior year. It is absolutely amazing how daft and ignorant some of these people are.

I've witnessed things such as 7 or 8 different kids struggling to locate the U.K. on a map

where's Rwanda? :sarcasm:

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
what i have so far. what else do you want on it?

o1kJVpY.jpg

Looks good so far! Wanna add a pickle? :laugh:

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Geography is about so much more than borders

It's not, really. It encompasses physical characteristics/climates of the Earth, and I like that. But if we're talking about studying different cultures and the like, I do not consider that geography. That's just general social studies.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012

Took a genocide elective first semester this year. Really enjoyed it.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
haha, the absolute worst is..
"oh where you from?"
me: " czech republic"
"aaaah, czechoslovakia"

Americans know France, Spain, and England (and they don't know the difference between the UK, Great Britain and England)

How do you mess up Austria and Australia...

By not knowing that Austria is a country in the first place.

Bless Chris Waltz and Arny for teaching America about us!

*Bob Richards*

If I'm on a Wikipedia run, I can start off on Maurice Richard and find myself researching the Al-Aqsa Mosque 5 hours later.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
If you click on the first linked word on any Wikipedia article, and you do it over and over again, you'll eventually get to the Philosophy page. Works every time!

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
If I'm on a Wikipedia run, I can start off on Maurice Richard and find myself researching the Al-Aqsa Mosque 5 hours later.

Yep. If anything, teachers should endorse Wikipedia. I'm always more interested in learning random **** from Wikipedia than listen to my professor's boring voice at 9:00 in the morning.

If you click on the first linked word on any Wikipedia article, and you do it over and over again, you'll eventually get to the Philosophy page. Works every time!

The first time I heard this, my mind was blown.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
It's not, really. It encompasses physical characteristics/climates of the Earth, and I like that. But if we're talking about studying different cultures and the like, I do not consider that geography. That's just general social studies.

well, like i said, the same thing applies to social studies

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
I'm a huge conspiracy nerd.

Also, the government has been working on mind control techniques since after World War Two when Nazi scientists were brought to America under Project Paperclip. Look up Monarch and Bluebird.

Brainwave manipulation is absolutely possible and is done every day on a mass scale through television.

I love the way you think, and am happy I finally have someone to talk to about this without feeling awkward. Just to add to Monarch and Bluebird, check out MK-Ultra. They literally fried innocent people's brains with high doses of drugs to experiment. Also, how about Northwoods? The government may very well be a sinister being in our country and many people are too concerned with Facebook and Twitter.

Chemtrails are real. They are fascinating and spawn many a theory. I would love to get some more opinions out of you and Aiulorophile (sorry If I butchered your name brothaman).

Also, as Swiss Freakin Watch said, the documents are right there in front of us, but people are too lazy to read in America and therefore, never even learn about these evil projects.

You guys are all savages! Goin in like a doctor!

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Americans know France, Spain, and England (and they don't know the difference between the UK, Great Britain and England)

By not knowing that Austria is a country in the first place.

Bless Chris Waltz and Arny for teaching America about us!

To add to that, they have no idea between Ukrainian, Belorussian, Slavic, Armenian, Albanian, and Russian!

:handclap:

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I love the way you think, and am happy I finally have someone to talk to about this without feeling awkward.

You should never feel awkward. Most of the people I come in contact with think I'm a total loon (not necessarily because of conspiracy theories), but I still make many good friends. I'm vocal about what I consider to be right and you will find people who appreciate that.

*Bob Richards*

All this talk has got me listening to Immortal Technique again.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Still trying to determine what my favorite gift was for my birthday. I think it's currently a tie between the Fun Dip that my friend gave to me and convincing my boss to cease deliveries to the ghetto past 6:00pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad