OT Thread XI: Where's the Beef

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
SFW nothin yet. I just made a general statement. Gonna ask if she wants to get some coffee and what not tomorrow. Start off nice a light. See if I can see what she's like more

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Is Jason related to Lenay Kekua in any way?

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I highly recommend friendship before dating somebody. Not to the point where she reveals her deepest secrets to you, but get to know her well. There needs to be a foundation first.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
That's what I'm sort of going for. Gonna see what she likes and dislikes. And such. Without being obvious about it. Like I did say before ... She told me she hates big cities and such.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I highly recommend friendship before dating somebody. Not to the point where she reveals her deepest secrets to you, but get to know her well. There needs to be a foundation first.

Been there. Never moved past friendship.

Unfortunately I become instant friends with everyone I meet :(

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011

That's also the JCresty philosophy on relationships. It's very much like soups. You have your broth style soups and your cream based soup. It is much more easier to have flavors in a cream based soup because the cream is very fatty and can handle a lot of saturation of flavors without being put off balance. That's like a relationship... it's intense, it has a lot of strong flavors that doesn't need to be subtle or delicately incorporated. A friendship on the other hand is like a broth based soup. It's delicate and to layer flavors and characteristics in there, you need to be delicate, patient and know exactly how to build it up and layer the flavors in a way that will work long term as you add more flavors to it. The balance of sweet, salty, acidity, fat and spice if any needs a strong foundation one before the other. It needs long hours of cooking to extract flavors from fundamental core ingredients or else it'll taste like dish water or salty bland soup.

The friendship is like a broth and the relationship is like the cream based soup. I forgot what point I was trying to make. Right.

Even though that cream based soup can be made flavorful without excessive amounts of intricate and delicate layering of flavors and building of characteristics, it should be. Poorly made cream based soup can be rich and satisfying to begin but as time wears on, you'll start to be overwhelmed by the imbalance of acidity, salt, sweetness, spice or even just the excessively richness of the cream. You want it to be intense but also delicate and the only way to do that is the same way you would go about with a broth based soup: patiently, delicately and by building a solid foundation.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Been there. Never moved past friendship.

Unfortunately I become instant friends with everyone I meet :(

You're 15, you've got time. My first serious relationship began right before I turned 16 and we were fairly close friends for a couple months beforehand. The tension was quite fun, when it wasn't unbearable. :b

Jason, on the other hand, at 20... might be time for him to start panicking. ;)

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
You're 15, you've got time. My first serious relationship began right before I turned 16 and we were fairly close friends for a couple months beforehand. The tension was quite fun, when it wasn't unbearable. :b

Jason, on the other hand, at 20... might be time for him to start panicking. ;)

OH ****! :laugh: I've always had commitment issues so I'm not panicking much. It's an easier life to go around and enjoy the fun of it instead of finding a serious commitment. Although lately I do have to admit it's crossed my mind a few times.

Poker has taken up most of my childhood I'm sad to report :laugh: The money now sits there as I sit here in solitude... :laugh: I'm kidding. Things are fairly swell.

I've been more interested in rebuilding close friendships lately tbh. Bromances as they are called. Can I sign you up there SFW?*

*complimentary package of chocolates and tickets to Disney on Ice.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I'll probably pass on the date part, but I'll buy you a real burger. lol

saupload_lloyd-300x300.jpg

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
OH ****! :laugh: I've always had commitment issues so I'm not panicking much. It's an easier life to go around and enjoy the fun of it instead of finding a serious commitment. Although lately I do have to admit it's crossed my mind a few times.

Poker has taken up most of my childhood I'm sad to report :laugh: The money now sits there as I sit here in solitude... :laugh: I'm kidding. Things are fairly swell.

I've been more interested in rebuilding close friendships lately tbh. Bromances as they are called. Can I sign you up there SFW?*

*complimentary package of chocolates and tickets to Disney on Ice.

Actual Disney and we've got a deal

I'm also not looking for a long term relationship. Or a short term one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad