OT: OT Thread Part XI: RIP in peace Playoffs (Thanks a lot halleJOKEL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I logged onto HFBOards from a computer in high school once and they blocked it immediately within the next 5 minutes. That was crappy. At UB they don't care. :D

bigbuffalo313

Apr 28, 2012
New York
In my computer class two years ago I would go on HF because the teacher never checked our computers

Also what is gallon smashing?

BarbaraAlphanse

My job found out I was interviewing. I have a final interview tomorrow and they called and told me I couldn't take the day off any longer and then made up a reason.

What a life. Really tempted to go to the final interview but nothing's ever a lock in life.

Kinda feels like how I felt after that Chris Niel goal in the playoffs several years ago where he speared Hank out of the way and then scored.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
My job found out I was interviewing. I have a final interview tomorrow and they called and told me I couldn't take the day off any longer and then made up a reason.

What a life. Really tempted to go to the final interview but nothing's ever a lock in life.

Kinda feels like how I felt after that Chris Niel goal in the playoffs several years ago where he speared Hank out of the way and then scored.

Gotta go for it if you really want the other job.

...but also don't take advice from strangers on the internet about your career :laugh:.

BarbaraAlphanse

Gotta go for it if you really want the other job.

...but also don't take advice from strangers on the internet about your career :laugh:.

I tried to reschedule. Which looks bad but it's out of my control. I'm not risk averse but I have rent, loans, regular weekly expenditures, a vacation coming up... Too risky to go for it, even if everything about it is a step up. To be clear I don't think they'd fire me if I went against what they said and took off and went for it. But I'd rather not shoot my rounds off prematurely. If I can reschedule then it works out. If I cant, always other jobs out there that are attractive. I'm not making a move out of desperation. Just a kick in the gut when I found out. Womp womp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad