OT: OT Thread Part V: Anything Can Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
Does anyone here have experience with high end gaming laptops? I was interested in getting one, but I don't know a lot about them.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Does anyone here have experience with high end gaming laptops? I was interested in getting one, but I don't know a lot about them.

Any reason you don't want a desktop? You're likely to spend like $1k+ more on a laptop to get the same performance you'd get from a desktop.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
Any reason you don't want a desktop? You're likely to spend like $1k+ more on a laptop to get the same performance you'd get from a desktop.

That's a completely fair question and it's what I've done in the past. I used to build my own gaming desktops and used it before I got myself a laptop for classes and work. I never realized how important and convenient that mobility was and how much better it made my life. So because I'm still a student and am about to go to grad school, that mobility is still very important.

In the future when I'm more settled down, I'll definitely have a man cave with consoles and a high powered desktop. However for right now in my life, the mobility is worth the cost.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
That's a completely fair question and it's what I've done in the past. I used to build my own gaming desktops and used it before I got myself a laptop for classes and work. I never realized how important and convenient that mobility was and how much better it made my life. So because I'm still a student and am about to go to grad school, that mobility is still very important.

In the future when I'm more settled down, I'll definitely have a man cave with consoles and a high powered desktop. However for right now in my life, the mobility is worth the cost.
Gotcha, that's understandable. I don't know too much about gaming laptops as I've only had and built a desktop and the laptop I did have was a Macbook Pro but I'm sure the geeks over in the Geek Emporium on Page 2 could help you with that if no one here can.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008

Definitely check out the Geek Emporium section and the sticky thread on computers.

I think you should check out the Asus Zenbook line. A type of ultrabook. I heard they are coming out with the UX303 version (the one I'll probably get). I think the current version has a dedicated NVIDIA mobile GPU, but they'll be upgrading it in the new versions.

KreiMeARiver*

Did anyone see the FULL ON fireworks display in Jersey City, last night? It was legit... four barge.. at 10:20 at night, in the middle of a rain/hail/snow/thunderstorm on a random Tuesday.

normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad